RSS Feed Working, then Not Valid... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on RSS Feed Working, then Not Valid... - Mozilla ; I started using Thunderbird yesterday, and added a RSS feed to it. It all went fine, and I used its RSS capabilities, but today, during the middle of the day, it stopped working. Any idea why? It now says the ...

  1. RSS Feed Working, then Not Valid...

    I started using Thunderbird yesterday, and added a RSS feed to it. It
    all went fine, and I used its RSS capabilities, but today, during the
    middle of the day, it stopped working. Any idea why? It now says the
    rss feed is not valid. I didn't do anything wrong...

  2. Re: RSS Feed Working, then Not Valid...

    On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:24:55 -0700, in message <1192141495.377465.151270@e34g2000pro.googlegroups. com>,
    Bruno Rafael Moreira de Barros wrote:

    > I started using Thunderbird yesterday, and added a RSS feed to it. It
    > all went fine, and I used its RSS capabilities, but today, during the
    > middle of the day, it stopped working. Any idea why? It now says the
    > rss feed is not valid. I didn't do anything wrong...

    Maybe when they added new content, they broke something in the RSS.

    Run the feed URL through an RSS validator ...

    RSS 0.9-2.0 http://feedvalidator.org/
    RSS 1.0 http://librdf.org/rss/
    RSS 1.0 http://www.ldodds.com/rss_validator/1.0/validator.html
    RSS 0.9 http://rss.scripting.com/

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

  3. Re: RSS Feed Working, then Not Valid...

    On 12 Oct, 07:34, Ralph Fox <-rf-...@-.invalid> wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:24:55 -0700, in message <1192141495.377465.151...@e34g2000pro.googlegroups. com>,
    > Bruno Rafael Moreira de Barros wrote:
    >
    > > I started using Thunderbird yesterday, and added a RSS feed to it. It
    > > all went fine, and I used its RSS capabilities, but today, during the
    > > middle of the day, it stopped working. Any idea why? It now says the
    > > rss feed is not valid. I didn't do anything wrong...

    > Maybe when they added new content, they broke something in the RSS.
    >
    > Run the feed URL through an RSS validator ...
    >
    > RSS 0.9-2.0 http://feedvalidator.org/
    > RSS 1.0 http://librdf.org/rss/
    > RSS 1.0 http://www.ldodds.com/rss_validator/1.0/validator.html
    > RSS 0.9 http://rss.scripting.com/
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Ralph

    Server returned timed out

    Explanation

    Your feed couldn't be validated because there was a problem
    downloading it from the web server. You should try to diagnose this
    using a web browser, and make sure that the URL you supplied resolves
    to an accessible file.

    This usually means that the URL was wrong, or that permissions on the
    server don't allow us to fetch that file. The error shows the message
    that the server sent, which may help.
    Solution

    Make sure this URL can be downloaded with a browser, then try again.

    I tried with Firefox, and Firefox asked me if I wanted to add that RSS
    feed to the bookmarks. So I take it the feed is working.

+ Reply to Thread