Last Message text sometimes displayed in NG - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Last Message text sometimes displayed in NG - Mozilla ; I have all my NGs set to view only unread items. When I return to a NG which currently has no unread items (so the message list is blank) the message pane is normally blank, as I would expect. But ...

  1. Last Message text sometimes displayed in NG

    I have all my NGs set to view only unread items. When I return to a NG
    which currently has no unread items (so the message list is blank) the
    message pane is normally blank, as I would expect. But for some NGs,
    although there are no unread messages the message pane contains the text
    of the last message I viewed. Why does this happen (and only for some
    NGs) and how can I stop it happening?

    TIA
    --
    Wilf

  2. Re: Last Message text sometimes displayed in NG

    On 11/10/2007 3:53 pm, Wilf wrote:

    > I have all my NGs set to view only unread items. When I return to a NG
    > which currently has no unread items (so the message list is blank) the
    > message pane is normally blank, as I would expect. But for some NGs,
    > although there are no unread messages the message pane contains the text
    > of the last message I viewed. Why does this happen (and only for some
    > NGs) and how can I stop it happening?
    >
    > TIA

    Ok, I've found the answer - I had "remember the last selected message"
    option set in the advanced options tab!

    --
    Wilf

+ Reply to Thread