search all news - Mozilla

This is a discussion on search all news - Mozilla ; hi, how can i search in the body of news ? Not only the header ? thanks Norbert Lamprecht...

  1. search all news

    hi,

    how can i search in the body of news ?
    Not only the header ?

    thanks

    Norbert Lamprecht

  2. Re: search all news

    On 11.10.2007 09:27 UK Time, Norbert Lamprecht wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > how can i search in the body of news ?
    > Not only the header ?

    You need to download the message bodies and switch to offline mode
    (click on the light bulb icon in the bottom left corner).

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: search all news

    Herb wrote:
    > On 11.10.2007 09:27 UK Time, Norbert Lamprecht wrote:
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> how can i search in the body of news ?
    >> Not only the header ?

    > You need to download the message bodies and switch to offline mode
    > (click on the light bulb icon in the bottom left corner).

    or search for them on googlegroups:
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: search all news

    On 11.10.2007 16:32 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Herb wrote:
    >> On 11.10.2007 09:27 UK Time, Norbert Lamprecht wrote:
    >>> hi,
    >>>
    >>> how can i search in the body of news ?
    >>> Not only the header ?

    >> You need to download the message bodies and switch to offline mode
    >> (click on the light bulb icon in the bottom left corner).
    >>

    > or search for them on googlegroups:
    > http://groups.google.com/advanced_search

    But unfortunately Mozilla group archiving at Googlegroups is a little
    erratic, or has this been fixed now?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  5. Re: search all news

    Herb wrote:
    > On 11.10.2007 16:32 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Herb wrote:

    >>> You need to download the message bodies and switch to offline mode
    >>> (click on the light bulb icon in the bottom left corner).
    >>>

    >> or search for them on googlegroups:
    >> http://groups.google.com/advanced_search
    >>

    > But unfortunately Mozilla group archiving at Googlegroups is a little
    > erratic, or has this been fixed now?

    I think it depends on who's at the switch when you do a
    search ;-)

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: search all news

    Herb wrote:
    > On 11.10.2007 16:32 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >> or search for them on googlegroups:
    >> http://groups.google.com/advanced_search
    >>

    > But unfortunately Mozilla group archiving at Googlegroups is a little
    > erratic, or has this been fixed now?

    You can search it here also
    "http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=mozilla-support-thunderbird"

+ Reply to Thread