Forwarding forwarded messages with images - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Forwarding forwarded messages with images - Mozilla ; A friend is fond of forwarding (to me!) emails he gets from others. These are usually messages the others have gotten from others themselves, and they usually contain images. I have tried to teach him to trim these message but ...

  1. Forwarding forwarded messages with images

    A friend is fond of forwarding (to me!) emails he gets from others.
    These are usually messages the others have gotten from others
    themselves, and they usually contain images.

    I have tried to teach him to trim these message but occasionally he runs
    into a snag. These occur, I think, if the message he is forwarding was
    sent to him as an attachment. If he tries to forward one of these, his
    message is often empty. If he clicks on the attachment and tries to
    forward it, the images do not get sent (although their placeholders are
    readily apparent).

    He has little patience. :-)

    Is there a way to open and trim such animals and not lose the images?

    I'd be happy to send one to any of you off-list.

    Thanks.

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a
    question remains a fool forever.
    - Chinese Proverb

  2. Re: Forwarding forwarded messages with images

    clay has written on 10/10/2007 7:19 PM:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >
    >> A friend is fond of forwarding (to me!) emails he gets from others.
    >> These are usually messages the others have gotten from others
    >> themselves, and they usually contain images.
    >>
    >> I have tried to teach him to trim these message but occasionally he runs
    >> into a snag. These occur, I think, if the message he is forwarding was
    >> sent to him as an attachment. If he tries to forward one of these, his
    >> message is often empty. If he clicks on the attachment and tries to
    >> forward it, the images do not get sent (although their placeholders are
    >> readily apparent).
    >>
    >> He has little patience. :-)
    >>
    >> Is there a way to open and trim such animals and not lose the images?
    >>
    >> I'd be happy to send one to any of you off-list.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Message>Edit message as new, maybe?

    Sorry, no.

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes
    perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul,
    sincerity, earnestness and kindness....
    --Confucius

  3. Re: Forwarding forwarded messages with images

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > clay has written on 10/10/2007 7:19 PM:
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>
    >>> A friend is fond of forwarding (to me!) emails he gets from others.
    >>> These are usually messages the others have gotten from others
    >>> themselves, and they usually contain images.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried to teach him to trim these message but occasionally he
    >>> runs into a snag. These occur, I think, if the message he is
    >>> forwarding was sent to him as an attachment. If he tries to forward
    >>> one of these, his message is often empty. If he clicks on the
    >>> attachment and tries to forward it, the images do not get sent
    >>> (although their placeholders are readily apparent).
    >>>
    >>> He has little patience. :-)
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to open and trim such animals and not lose the images?
    >>>
    >>> I'd be happy to send one to any of you off-list.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Message>Edit message as new, maybe?
    >>

    > Sorry, no.

    I had this problem myself.
    Tools > Options || Composition Forwarded Messages: change it to Inline.
    It worked for me.

  4. Re: Forwarding forwarded messages with images

    John Sauer has written on 10/10/2007 8:46 PM:
    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance,
    nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire...
    -- Aristotle
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> Jacksonville John has written on 10/10/2007 8:21 PM:

    >>> I had this problem myself.
    >>> Tools > Options || Composition Forwarded Messages: change it to Inline.
    >>> It worked for me.

    >> I already have that. Thanks.
    >>

    > Not you. Him. The messages he sends filter the images from the attachment.

    That's what I get for a short-cut answer!

    What I meant was that when I try to do the same thing he does, I have
    the same problem. And I already have "Inline" set.

    Sorry! :-)

+ Reply to Thread