Thunderbird Attachment Message "Note: To protect against computer viruses..." - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird Attachment Message "Note: To protect against computer viruses..." - Mozilla ; Is there any way to prevent this message from automatically appending itself to new messages that are created from the right-click "send to" option from a file's menu? Ideally, I'd like to remove the "the message is ready to be ...

  1. Thunderbird Attachment Message "Note: To protect against computer viruses..."

    Is there any way to prevent this message from automatically appending
    itself to new messages that are created from the right-click "send to"
    option from a file's menu?

    Ideally, I'd like to remove the "the message is ready to be sent"...
    nonsense as well.

    I can't even figure out how someone thought including these messages
    in the body of an email is at all appropriate...Anyone know how to
    remove it?

  2. Re: Thunderbird Attachment Message "Note: To protect against computerviruses..."

    On 10/10/2007 9:09 AM, ekmyspace@gmail.com wrote:
    > Is there any way to prevent this message from automatically appending
    > itself to new messages that are created from the right-click "send to"
    > option from a file's menu?
    >
    > Ideally, I'd like to remove the "the message is ready to be sent"...
    > nonsense as well.
    >
    > I can't even figure out how someone thought including these messages
    > in the body of an email is at all appropriate...Anyone know how to
    > remove it?

    Your anti virus program is inserting those messages. What AV are you
    using? Check its options to disable the message.

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: Thunderbird Attachment Message "Note: To protect against computerviruses..."

    On 10/10/2007 09:09, ekmyspace@gmail.com wrote:
    > Is there any way to prevent this message from automatically appending
    > itself to new messages that are created from the right-click "send to"
    > option from a file's menu?
    >
    > Ideally, I'd like to remove the "the message is ready to be sent"...
    > nonsense as well.
    >
    > I can't even figure out how someone thought including these messages
    > in the body of an email is at all appropriate...Anyone know how to
    > remove it?

    In "windows" ,I beleive that it is an OS "feature" - Don't know about
    other Systems.
    Try a Google search on:
    WarningMSGInBody

    In "windows" you can suppress the "Note: To Protect against
    viruses......" part but not the "the message is ready to be sent"..

    by editing the registry.

    One of many search results:

    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-405702.php

    But I could be wrong.......