Local folders - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Local folders - Mozilla ; I would like to accomplish one ot two things. 1) Delete 'Local Folders.' Not using it . . don't need it. 2) The reason I don't use Local Folders . . .it doesn't have a number of folders (Drafts, Templates, ...

  1. Local folders

    I would like to accomplish one ot two things.
    1) Delete 'Local Folders.' Not using it . . don't need it.
    2) The reason I don't use Local Folders . . .it doesn't have a number of
    folders (Drafts, Templates, Unsent, . . .) and I see no way to attach
    them to Local folders. Is it possible.

  2. Re: Local folders

    On 10.10.2007 14:27 UK Time, jay lunis wrote:
    > I would like to accomplish one ot two things.
    > 1) Delete 'Local Folders.' Not using it . . don't need it.
    > 2) The reason I don't use Local Folders . . .it doesn't have a number of
    > folders (Drafts, Templates, Unsent, . . .) and I see no way to attach
    > them to Local folders. Is it possible.

    It is highly advisable to leave Local Folders alone.

    Check previous messages and/or use Google to find the reasons.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: Local folders

    jay lunis wrote:
    > I would like to accomplish one ot two things.
    > 1) Delete 'Local Folders.' Not using it . . don't need it.
    > 2) The reason I don't use Local Folders . . .it doesn't have a number of
    > folders (Drafts, Templates, Unsent, . . .) and I see no way to attach
    > them to Local folders. Is it possible.

    yes, you do use local folders and not realize it. When you
    create an newsgroup message, where does it get stored? Local
    Folders!

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Local folders

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > jay lunis wrote:
    >> I would like to accomplish one ot two things.
    >> 1) Delete 'Local Folders.' Not using it . . don't need it.
    >> 2) The reason I don't use Local Folders . . .it doesn't have a number
    >> of folders (Drafts, Templates, Unsent, . . .) and I see no way to
    >> attach them to Local folders. Is it possible.

    > yes, you do use local folders and not realize it. When you create an
    > newsgroup message, where does it get stored? Local Folders!

    Hi,

    Only by default, it can be changed to point at an IMAP folder.

    I have removed them previously, but now I find it easier just to leave
    them there and collapse the folder. Its not worth the hassle to remove them.

    Ian

  5. Re: Local folders

    Ian wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> jay lunis wrote:
    >>> I would like to accomplish one ot two things.
    >>> 1) Delete 'Local Folders.' Not using it . . don't need it.
    >>> 2) The reason I don't use Local Folders . . .it doesn't have a number
    >>> of folders (Drafts, Templates, Unsent, . . .) and I see no way to
    >>> attach them to Local folders. Is it possible.

    >> yes, you do use local folders and not realize it. When you create an
    >> newsgroup message, where does it get stored? Local Folders!
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > Only by default, it can be changed to point at an IMAP folder.
    >
    > I have removed them previously, but now I find it easier just to leave
    > them there and collapse the folder. Its not worth the hassle to remove
    > them.
    >
    > Ian

    I eventually came to the same conclusion after having kept them removed
    for years, in Netscape, Mozilla Suite, TB and SM. What convinced me is,
    I just assign them to one of my mail account and give it the name I
    want. This way, they are still there and I use them. One advantage I
    have to recognize is, using them makes it easier to have several mail
    accounts mail concentrated on the same folders. After all, I do not have
    one physical mail box for each person sends me mail!

    I did the same without using Local Folders, but it was a little more
    complex to achieve.

    And you can store the email you send to Newsgroup wherever you want:
    just adjust the necessary settings of Copy and Drafts as long as you use
    an existing account folders.

    Regards.
    --
    John Doue