T-Bird 2.06 WON'T START - Mozilla

This is a discussion on T-Bird 2.06 WON'T START - Mozilla ; So the other day, T-bird could not log on to my comcast mail server to retrieve E-Mail. This is before I heard of the McAffee issue. I tried to fix the problem changing the "current user" this screwed everything up ...

  1. T-Bird 2.06 WON'T START

    So the other day, T-bird could not log on to my comcast mail server to
    retrieve E-Mail. This is before I heard of the McAffee issue. I tried to fix
    the problem changing the "current user" this screwed everything up and I got
    the error message"T-Bird needs to close". I have since uninstalled and
    reinstalled T-Bird, but it wil not open, even in safe mode. I get the same
    error message. I don't know if this is due to Mcaffee or the change I made.
    Any help on how to fix would be appreciated.
    Also I can't find a way to close McAffee security Center, to see if it is
    interfering with T-Bird startup. How do you close this damm program?
    Thanks

  2. Re: T-Bird 2.06 WON'T START

    Steven wrote:
    > So the other day, T-bird could not log on to my comcast mail server
    > to retrieve E-Mail. This is before I heard of the McAffee issue. I
    > tried to fix the problem changing the "current user" this screwed
    > everything up and I got the error message"T-Bird needs to close". I
    > have since uninstalled and reinstalled T-Bird, but it wil not open,
    > even in safe mode. I get the same error message. I don't know if
    > this

    (If its not a Mcafee issue)
    Backup TB profile folder.
    Close TB if its running.
    Open Task manager , select Process tab and make it sure that no
    thunderbird.exe process is running.
    Uninstall Thunderbird.
    Remove Thunderbird program folder.
    Download latest version of Thunderbird and install it.
    In profile folder , delete all .msf files.
    Now try to start Thunderbird.

    > is due to Mcaffee or the change I made. Any help on how to fix would
    > be appreciated. Also I can't find a way to close McAffee security
    > Center, to see if it is interfering with T-Bird startup. How do you
    > close this damm program?

    Here is a simple method
    "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/9e9a2bc395701d6d"
    also
    "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/97c0fa3c3f39f796"

  3. Re: T-Bird 2.06 WON'T START

    "Nir" wrote in message
    news:O4SdnSElhsQEU5HanZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Steven wrote:
    >> So the other day, T-bird could not log on to my comcast mail server to
    >> retrieve E-Mail. This is before I heard of the McAffee issue. I tried to
    >> fix the problem changing the "current user" this screwed everything up
    >> and I got the error message"T-Bird needs to close". I have since
    >> uninstalled and reinstalled T-Bird, but it wil not open, even in safe
    >> mode. I get the same error message. I don't know if
    >> this

    > (If its not a Mcafee issue)
    > Backup TB profile folder.
    > Close TB if its running.
    > Open Task manager , select Process tab and make it sure that no
    > thunderbird.exe process is running.
    > Uninstall Thunderbird.
    > Remove Thunderbird program folder.
    > Download latest version of Thunderbird and install it.
    > In profile folder , delete all .msf files.
    > Now try to start Thunderbird.
    >
    >> is due to Mcaffee or the change I made. Any help on how to fix would be
    >> appreciated. Also I can't find a way to close McAffee security Center, to
    >> see if it is interfering with T-Bird startup. How do you close this damm
    >> program?

    > Here is a simple method
    > "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/9e9a2bc395701d6d"
    > also
    > "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/97c0fa3c3f39f796"
    >I'm not sure what you mean by the "profile folder" where to I find this
    >folder to delete >msf files?

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread