Strange Icon - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Strange Icon - Mozilla ; Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728) default theme 2.0 Layout > Wide View While viewing newsgroup messages, I noticed one message had a strange icon in the Threads column in the Headers pane. It was a red circle with a red diagonal. What ...

  1. Strange Icon

    Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728)
    default theme 2.0
    Layout > Wide View

    While viewing newsgroup messages, I noticed one message had a strange
    icon in the Threads column in the Headers pane. It was a red circle
    with a red diagonal. What does this mean?

    --
    David E. Ross

    Natural foods can be harmful: Look at all the
    people who die of natural causes.

  2. Re: Strange Icon

    David E. Ross wrote:
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728)
    > default theme 2.0
    > Layout > Wide View
    >
    > While viewing newsgroup messages, I noticed one message had a strange
    > icon in the Threads column in the Headers pane. It was a red circle
    > with a red diagonal. What does this mean?

    Hi,

    Indicates an ignored thread.

    Check:
    Message menu | Ignore Thread
    or
    press "K"

    Ian

  3. Re: Strange Icon

    Ian wrote:
    > David E. Ross wrote:
    >> Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728) default theme 2.0 Layout >
    >> Wide View
    >>
    >> While viewing newsgroup messages, I noticed one message had a
    >> strange icon in the Threads column in the Headers pane. It was a
    >> red circle with a red diagonal. What does this mean?
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > Indicates an ignored thread.
    >
    > Check: Message menu | Ignore Thread or press "K"
    >
    > Ian

    .... also you may see this page
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Icons_-_Thunderbird_2" .

  4. Re: Strange Icon

    Nir wrote:
    > Ian wrote:
    >> David E. Ross wrote:
    >>> Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728) default theme 2.0 Layout >
    >>> Wide View
    >>>
    >>> While viewing newsgroup messages, I noticed one message had a
    >>> strange icon in the Threads column in the Headers pane. It was a
    >>> red circle with a red diagonal. What does this mean?
    >>>

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Indicates an ignored thread.
    >>
    >> Check: Message menu | Ignore Thread or press "K"
    >>
    >> Ian
    >>

    > ... also you may see this page
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Icons_-_Thunderbird_2" .

    Hi Nir,

    Thanks for the link.

    I had looked for an Icon description page some time ago and found
    nothing. Did not recheck before posting my initial answer.

    More interesting looking through various options/settings to find what
    sets the icons (OK in this case I knew without looking)

    Ian

  5. Re: Strange Icon

    On 10/10/2007 6:55 AM, Ian wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Ian wrote:

    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Indicates an ignored thread.
    >>>
    >>> Check: Message menu | Ignore Thread or press "K"
    >>>
    >>> Ian
    >>>

    >> ... also you may see this page
    >> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Icons_-_Thunderbird_2" .
    >>

    > Hi Nir,
    >
    > Thanks for the link.
    >
    > I had looked for an Icon description page some time ago and found
    > nothing. Did not recheck before posting my initial answer.
    >
    > More interesting looking through various options/settings to find what
    > sets the icons (OK in this case I knew without looking)
    >
    > Ian

    Thanks. I set my filters to ignore threads with certain subjects or
    senders. A flooder is active in the particular newsgroup where I saw
    this.

    --
    David E. Ross

    Natural foods can be harmful: Look at all the
    people who die of natural causes.

+ Reply to Thread