Error: "The folder is being processed..." - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Error: "The folder is being processed..." - Mozilla ; TB is dead in the water on my laptop and I'll need it tomorrow. Says "This folder is being processed ... " when I want to download email. There is a whole big clog of 152 emails that's stuck there. ...

  1. Error: "The folder is being processed..."

    TB is dead in the water on my laptop and I'll need it tomorrow. Says
    "This folder is being processed ... " when I want to download email.
    There is a whole big clog of 152 emails that's stuck there. When I do a
    hard reset it doesn't do the message at first but just sits there for
    hours "Downloading 1 of 152". Turned off virus protection, nothing.

    How do I get this unstuck? I never had that happen with Mozilla.

    Regards,

    Joerg

  2. Re: Error: "The folder is being processed..."

    Joerg wrote:
    > TB is dead in the water on my laptop and I'll need it tomorrow. Says
    > "This folder is being processed ... " when I want to download email.
    > There is a whole big clog of 152 emails that's stuck there. When I do a
    > hard reset it doesn't do the message at first but just sits there for
    > hours "Downloading 1 of 152". Turned off virus protection, nothing.
    >
    > How do I get this unstuck? I never had that happen with Mozilla.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Joerg

    TB is trying to do to many things at the same time:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Folder_being_processed

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Error: "The folder is being processed..."

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Joerg wrote:
    >
    >> TB is dead in the water on my laptop and I'll need it tomorrow. Says
    >> "This folder is being processed ... " when I want to download email.
    >> There is a whole big clog of 152 emails that's stuck there. When I do
    >> a hard reset it doesn't do the message at first but just sits there
    >> for hours "Downloading 1 of 152". Turned off virus protection, nothing.
    >>
    >> How do I get this unstuck? I never had that happen with Mozilla.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Joerg

    > TB is trying to do to many things at the same time:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Folder_being_processed

    I did read through all those but could not make it work. Next is to dump
    the inbox into a temp box, delete it and let it rebuild. Things is, an
    email program isn't supposed to hang like this, never had that with any
    other email client. TB would not be very useful this way. Just imagine
    sitting in a remote hotel on dial-up or expensive cell connection and it
    just sits there "processing" while in reality it doesn't seem to process
    anything for hours. IMO this is a serious bug.

    Regards,

    Joerg.

  4. Re: Error: "The folder is being processed..."

    Joerg wrote:

    > TB is dead in the water on my laptop and I'll need it tomorrow. Says
    > "This folder is being processed ... " when I want to download email.
    > There is a whole big clog of 152 emails that's stuck there. When I do a
    > hard reset it doesn't do the message at first but just sits there for
    > hours "Downloading 1 of 152". Turned off virus protection, nothing.
    >
    > How do I get this unstuck? I never had that happen with Mozilla.

    Ok guys, figured it out: Norton had to be uninstalled. Turning
    everything off did not work, obviously it was not completely "obedient"
    in my case.

    However, the question remains why Outlook worked fine and Thunderbird
    didn't.

    Regards,

    Joerg

  5. Re: Error: "The folder is being processed..."

    Joerg wrote:
    > Joerg wrote:
    >
    >> TB is dead in the water on my laptop and I'll need it tomorrow. Says
    >> "This folder is being processed ... " when I want to download email.
    >> There is a whole big clog of 152 emails that's stuck there. When I do a
    >> hard reset it doesn't do the message at first but just sits there for
    >> hours "Downloading 1 of 152". Turned off virus protection, nothing.
    >>
    >> How do I get this unstuck? I never had that happen with Mozilla.
    >>

    > Ok guys, figured it out: Norton had to be uninstalled. Turning
    > everything off did not work, obviously it was not completely "obedient"
    > in my case.
    >
    > However, the question remains why Outlook worked fine and Thunderbird
    > didn't.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Joerg

    there was a problem with Norton and Thunderbird. For some
    reason, Norton didn't like TB.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Error: "The folder is being processed..."

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Joerg wrote:
    >
    >> Joerg wrote:
    >>
    >>> TB is dead in the water on my laptop and I'll need it tomorrow. Says
    >>> "This folder is being processed ... " when I want to download email.
    >>> There is a whole big clog of 152 emails that's stuck there. When I do
    >>> a hard reset it doesn't do the message at first but just sits there
    >>> for hours "Downloading 1 of 152". Turned off virus protection, nothing.
    >>>
    >>> How do I get this unstuck? I never had that happen with Mozilla.
    >>>

    >> Ok guys, figured it out: Norton had to be uninstalled. Turning
    >> everything off did not work, obviously it was not completely
    >> "obedient" in my case.
    >>
    >> However, the question remains why Outlook worked fine and Thunderbird
    >> didn't.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Joerg

    > there was a problem with Norton and Thunderbird. For some reason,
    > Norton didn't like TB.

    Ok, but why didn't TB come back with a little more content to the error
    message, such as "cannot obtain access to POP server" etc.? It just sat
    there for hours doing nothing. Also, this copy of Norton was not updated
    since the last time TB ran fine but TB was. So ...

    Regards,

    Joerg.

+ Reply to Thread