Opening Thunderbird Links in Firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Opening Thunderbird Links in Firefox - Mozilla ; I'm running TB2.0.0.6 and I have just installed it on a new machine under XP Pro. I have the following problem: When I click on a link ( http://. ...) in an email message, Firefox doesn't automatically open up to ...

  1. Opening Thunderbird Links in Firefox

    I'm running TB2.0.0.6 and I have just installed it on a new machine
    under XP Pro. I have the following problem:

    When I click on a link (http://....) in an email message, Firefox
    doesn't automatically open up to that link. I have to copy link
    location and paste into Firefox. This works on my other machine. What
    don't I have set up right?

    Any help you cane give me is appreciated.

    Keith Johnson

  2. Re: Opening Thunderbird Links in Firefox

    On 10/9/2007 5:37 PM, kajohnson9@gmail.com wrote:
    > I'm running TB2.0.0.6 and I have just installed it on a new machine
    > under XP Pro. I have the following problem:
    >
    > When I click on a link (http://....) in an email message, Firefox
    > doesn't automatically open up to that link. I have to copy link
    > location and paste into Firefox. This works on my other machine. What
    > don't I have set up right?
    >
    > Any help you cane give me is appreciated.
    >
    > Keith Johnson

    Close FF. Make some other browser (e.g., IE) default. Close the other
    browser. Open FF and make it default. Does this solve your problem?
    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: Opening Thunderbird Links in Firefox

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 10/9/2007 5:37 PM, kajohnson9@gmail.com wrote:
    >> I'm running TB2.0.0.6 and I have just installed it on a new
    >> machine under XP Pro. I have the following problem:
    >>
    >> When I click on a link (http://....) in an email message, Firefox
    >> doesn't automatically open up to that link. I have to copy link
    >> location and paste into Firefox. This works on my other machine.
    >> What don't I have set up right?
    >>
    >> Any help you cane give me is appreciated.
    >>
    >> Keith Johnson
    >>

    > Close FF. Make some other browser (e.g., IE) default. Close the
    > other browser. Open FF and make it default. Does this solve your
    > problem?

    .... some additional methods to set FF as default browser
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser#Windows"

  4. Re: Opening Thunderbird Links in Firefox

    On Oct 9, 5:56 pm, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 10/9/2007 5:37 PM, kajohns...@gmail.com wrote:> I'm running TB2.0.0.6 and I have just installed it on a new machine
    > > under XP Pro. I have the following problem:

    > > When I click on a link (http://....) in an email message, Firefox
    > > doesn't automatically open up to that link. I have to copy link
    > > location and paste into Firefox. This works on my other machine. What
    > > don't I have set up right?

    > > Any help you cane give me is appreciated.

    > > Keith Johnson

    > Close FF. Make some other browser (e.g., IE) default. Close the other
    > browser. Open FF and make it default. Does this solve your problem?
    > --
    > Irwin
    >
    > Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
    > Knowledge Base:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

    Irwin,

    Yes, that worked. Why, I don't know, because I already had FF as my
    default. But setting IE as default and then resetting FF as default
    worked fine. I'm up and running. Thanks,
    Keith

  5. Re: Opening Thunderbird Links in Firefox

    On 10/10/2007 8:03 AM, kajohnson9@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 5:56 pm, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 10/9/2007 5:37 PM, kajohns...@gmail.com wrote:> I'm running TB2.0.0.6 and I have just installed it on a new machine
    >>> under XP Pro. I have the following problem:
    >>> When I click on a link (http://....) in an email message, Firefox
    >>> doesn't automatically open up to that link. I have to copy link
    >>> location and paste into Firefox. This works on my other machine. What
    >>> don't I have set up right?
    >>> Any help you cane give me is appreciated.
    >>> Keith Johnson

    >> Close FF. Make some other browser (e.g., IE) default. Close the other
    >> browser. Open FF and make it default. Does this solve your problem?
    >> --
    >> Irwin
    >>
    >> Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
    >> Knowledge Base:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

    > Irwin,
    >
    > Yes, that worked. Why, I don't know, because I already had FF as my
    > default. But setting IE as default and then resetting FF as default
    > worked fine. I'm up and running. Thanks,
    > Keith

    Glad it worked for you. I don't know why it works either.

    --
    Irwin