Inability to read Email on Thunderbird (with McAfee "protection") - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Inability to read Email on Thunderbird (with McAfee "protection") - Mozilla ; I have experienced the same problems coming from the recent (Oct 5?) McAfee update. I was unable to read my email on Thunderbird until I disabled my McAfee software. I tried to enter into contact with McAfee but was unsuccessful. ...

  1. Inability to read Email on Thunderbird (with McAfee "protection")

    I have experienced the same problems coming from the recent (Oct 5?)
    McAfee update. I was unable to read my email on Thunderbird until I
    disabled my McAfee software. I tried to enter into contact with McAfee
    but was unsuccessful. Is there a McAfee repair to their disastrous
    software "update" in the works?

    Mengo

  2. Re: Inability to read Email on Thunderbird (with McAfee "protection")

    wrote in message
    news:1191846768.184300.186640@g4g2000hsf.googlegro ups.com...
    > I have experienced the same problems coming from the recent (Oct 5?)
    > McAfee update. I was unable to read my email on Thunderbird until I
    > disabled my McAfee software. I tried to enter into contact with McAfee
    > but was unsuccessful. Is there a McAfee repair to their disastrous
    > software "update" in the works?
    >
    > Mengo

    http://download.mcafee.com/products/.../Eml1005_1.exe

    Bill

  3. Re: Inability to read Email on Thunderbird (with McAfee "protection")

    williamgtyler@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have experienced the same problems coming from the recent (Oct 5?)
    > McAfee update. I was unable to read my email on Thunderbird until I
    > disabled my McAfee software. I tried to enter into contact with McAfee
    > but was unsuccessful. Is there a McAfee repair to their disastrous
    > software "update" in the works?
    >
    > Mengo

    "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/7accfec6929846b6"

  4. Re: Inability to read Email on Thunderbird (with McAfee "protection")

    williamgtyler@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have experienced the same problems coming from the recent (Oct 5?)
    > McAfee update. I was unable to read my email on Thunderbird until I
    > disabled my McAfee software. I tried to enter into contact with McAfee
    > but was unsuccessful. Is there a McAfee repair to their disastrous
    > software "update" in the works?
    >
    > Mengo

    Had a very similar problem myself.
    My operating system is XP Home though.
    I could send emails, but not recieve them. Timed out when trying to
    retrieve them from the server.
    I use McAfee Antivirus and Firewall.
    I found that by blocking access to McAfee Email Proxy (emproxy.exe) the
    problem stopped.

    Dennis

  5. Re: Inability to read Email on Thunderbird (with McAfee "protection")

    On Oct 8, 8:25 am, Dennis wrote:
    > williamgty...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I have experienced the same problems coming from the recent (Oct 5?)
    > > McAfee update. I was unable to read my email on Thunderbird until I
    > > disabled my McAfee software. I tried to enter into contact with McAfee
    > > but was unsuccessful. Is there a McAfee repair to their disastrous
    > > software "update" in the works?

    > > Mengo

    > Had a very similar problem myself.
    > My operating system is XP Home though.
    > I could send emails, but not recieve them. Timed out when trying to
    > retrieve them from the server.
    > I use McAfee Antivirus and Firewall.
    > I found that by blocking access to McAfee Email Proxy (emproxy.exe) the
    > problem stopped.
    >
    > Dennis

    I had this same problem -- the Oct. 10 update seems to have fixed it!
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread