thunderbird settings problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on thunderbird settings problem - Mozilla ; Hallo, I don't understand why thunderbird is ignoring my new settings. The settings are working after I restart thunderbird. So if I change the deleting settings for the newsgroups I have to restart thunderbird. If I don't restart thunderbird the ...

  1. thunderbird settings problem

    Hallo,
    I don't understand why thunderbird is ignoring my new settings. The
    settings are working after I restart thunderbird. So if I change the
    deleting settings for the newsgroups I have to restart thunderbird. If I
    don't restart thunderbird the old settings are active and the read
    messages are gone allthough I don't want have them be gone. I don't know
    why thunderbird need to be restarted each time the settings are changed.
    I know very much programs that can use new settings without a restart.
    Maybe I will be possible in this live to change this behavior of
    thunderbird. Does anybody know why have I to restart thunderbird in this
    case? If I click ok I want the settings be working and not restart each
    time. Is this possible or not? Or make a button for saving the settings
    immediately. Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: thunderbird settings problem

    On 10/7/2007 12:17 AM Pacific Time, Spiderman wrote thusly:
    > Hallo,
    > I don't understand why thunderbird is ignoring my new settings. The
    > settings are working after I restart thunderbird. So if I change the
    > deleting settings for the newsgroups I have to restart thunderbird. If I
    > don't restart thunderbird the old settings are active and the read
    > messages are gone allthough I don't want have them be gone. I don't know
    > why thunderbird need to be restarted each time the settings are changed.
    > I know very much programs that can use new settings without a restart.
    > Maybe I will be possible in this live to change this behavior of
    > thunderbird. Does anybody know why have I to restart thunderbird in this
    > case? If I click ok I want the settings be working and not restart each
    > time. Is this possible or not? Or make a button for saving the settings
    > immediately. Thanks in advance.

    Check your View Menu, select Threads, then "All" to show all messages.

    Barbara

+ Reply to Thread