attachment view in message pane - Mozilla

This is a discussion on attachment view in message pane - Mozilla ; I have read most of the posts on how to size the attachment view pane, using the #attachmentView settings in userChrome.css. I have tried those and it works in keeping the size of the attachment pane fixed. But suppose I ...

  1. attachment view in message pane

    I have read most of the posts on how to size the attachment view pane,
    using the #attachmentView settings in userChrome.css. I have tried
    those and it works in keeping the size of the attachment pane fixed.
    But suppose I wanted to HIDE the attachement pane completely? How do I
    do that? I have tried everything (setting height, max-height to 0px),
    but it goes back to a fixed.

    --thanks
    --ram

  2. Re: attachment view in message pane

    ram wrote:
    > I have read most of the posts on how to size the attachment view pane,
    > using the #attachmentView settings in userChrome.css. I have tried
    > those and it works in keeping the size of the attachment pane fixed.
    > But suppose I wanted to HIDE the attachement pane completely? How do I
    > do that? I have tried everything (setting height, max-height to 0px),
    > but it goes back to a fixed.
    >
    > --thanks
    > --ram

    Try {display: hidden !important; }

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: attachment view in message pane

    *-* On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 17:31:48 -0700,
    *-* In Article 1191717108.136658.190540@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.c om,
    *-* ram wrote
    *-* About attachment view in message pane

    > I have read most of the posts on how to size the attachment view
    > pane, using the #attachmentView settings in userChrome.css. I have
    > tried those and it works in keeping the size of the attachment pane
    > fixed. But suppose I wanted to HIDE the attachement pane completely?
    > How do I do that? I have tried everything (setting height,
    > max-height to 0px), but it goes back to a fixed.

    > --thanks
    > --ram

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...2543123e133c4d
    or
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...7b33a161d53a44

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  4. Re: attachment view in message pane

    On Oct 6, 10:11 pm, Ken Whiton wrote:
    > *-* On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 17:31:48 -0700,
    > *-* In Article 1191717108.136658.190...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.c om,
    > *-* ram wrote
    > *-* About attachment view in message pane
    >
    > > I have read most of the posts on how to size the attachment view
    > > pane, using the #attachmentView settings in userChrome.css. I have
    > > tried those and it works in keeping the size of the attachment pane
    > > fixed. But suppose I wanted to HIDE the attachement pane completely?
    > > How do I do that? I have tried everything (setting height,
    > > max-height to 0px), but it goes back to a fixed.
    > > --thanks
    > > --ram

    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ird/msg/6e2543...
    > orhttp://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/837b33...
    >
    > Ken Whiton
    >
    > FIDO: 1:132/152
    > InterNet: kenwhi...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

    Dear Ken, and Ron: The suggestion by Ken did the trick.
    I added the line "visibility: collapse !important" in the
    #attachementView
    statement, and the attachment window disappeared! Thanks so much. The
    option "display: hidden !important;" did not have any effect--the
    window still shows. Again, thanks for letting me get the real estate
    back.

    --ram

+ Reply to Thread