Help - Inbox won't stop processing - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help - Inbox won't stop processing - Mozilla ; When I bring up Thunderbird, it usually asks for my password and then retrieves my mail, which is at my Comcast account. Now, it doesn't even get to the part about asking for a password. The status bar just keeps ...

  1. Help - Inbox won't stop processing

    When I bring up Thunderbird, it usually asks for my password and then retrieves my mail, which is at my Comcast account. Now, it doesn't even get to the part about asking for a password. The status bar just keeps moving, and,if I click "Get Mail," it displays the message "The folder is being processed. Please wait until processing is complete to get messages."

    However, the old messages in the Inbox display correctly, so it isn't reprocessing the index. Also, I have waited for many hours and this never clearsup. I can send mail while this is happening. I just can't receive mail.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.
    Climb to the top of the charts!* Play Star Shuffle:* the word scramble challenge with star power.
    http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.as...iltextlink_oct

  2. Re: Help - Inbox won't stop processing

    J S wrote:

    > When I bring up Thunderbird, it usually asks for my password and
    > then retrieves my mail, which is at my Comcast account. Now, it
    > doesn't even get to the part about asking for a password. The status
    > bar just keeps moving, and, if I click "Get Mail," it displays the
    > message "The folder is being processed. Please wait until processing
    > is complete to get messages."
    >
    > However, the old messages in the Inbox display correctly, so it
    > isn't reprocessing the index. Also, I have waited for many hours and
    > this never clears up. I can send mail while this is happening. I
    > just can't receive mail.

    See this post
    "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/97c0fa3c3f39f796"

  3. Re: Help - Inbox won't stop processing

    J S wrote:

    > When I bring up Thunderbird, it usually asks for my password and then retrieves my mail, which is at my Comcast account. Now, it doesn't even get to the part about asking for a password. The status bar just keeps moving, and, if I click "Get Mail," it displays the message "The folder is being processed. Please wait until processing is complete to get messages."
    >
    > However, the old messages in the Inbox display correctly, so it isn't reprocessing the index. Also, I have waited for many hours and this never clears up. I can send mail while this is happening. I just can't receive mail.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Climb to the top of the charts! Play Star Shuffle: the word scramble challenge with star power.
    > http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.as...iltextlink_oct

    If you are using Mcafee there is a patch to fix that problem

    http://download.mcafee.com/products/.../Eml1005_1.exe

  4. Re: Help - Inbox won't stop processing

    On Oct 6, 4:21 pm, J S wrote:
    > When I bring up Thunderbird, it usually asks for my password and then retrieves my mail, which is at my Comcast account. Now, it doesn't even get to the part about asking for a password. The status bar just keeps moving, and, if I click "Get Mail," it displays the message "The folder is being processed. Please wait until processing is complete to get messages."
    >
    > However, the old messages in the Inbox display correctly, so it isn't reprocessing the index. Also, I have waited for many hours and this never clears up. I can send mail while this is happening. I just can't receive mail.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Climb to the top of the charts! Play Star Shuffle: the word scramble challenge with star power.http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.as..._wlmailtextlin...

    I am having the same problem. I called the paid tech help number.
    Waited 1 hour and no answer. You can try the number 1-888-586-4539.
    If you get an answer to correct this post it so others can get help
    with the same problem.

  5. Re: Help - Inbox won't stop processing

    Bill wrote:
    > J S wrote:
    >>
    >> When I bring up Thunderbird, it usually asks for my password and then
    >> retrieves my mail, which is at my Comcast account. Now, it doesn't
    >> even get to the part about asking for a password. The status bar just
    >> keeps moving, and, if I click "Get Mail," it displays the message "The
    >> folder is being processed. Please wait until processing is complete to
    >> get messages."
    >>
    >> However, the old messages in the Inbox display correctly, so it isn't
    >> reprocessing the index. Also, I have waited for many hours and this
    >> never clears up. I can send mail while this is happening. I just can't
    >> receive mail.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> __________________________________________________ _______________
    >> Climb to the top of the charts! Play Star Shuffle: the word scramble
    >> challenge with star power.
    >> http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.as...iltextlink_oct
    >>

    > If you are using Mcafee there is a patch to fix that problem
    >
    > http://download.mcafee.com/products/.../Eml1005_1.exe

    Bill,
    I installed the patch last night, and that seems to have resolved the
    McAfee problem.

    Another issue, through this whole thing, is the vagueness of the error
    message in Mozilla "This folder is being processed". If that had said
    something about a firewall problem, we all would have been better served.

    I guess that is something for discussion on a Mozilla Forum, though,
    rather than the newsgroup.

    Thanks for everyone's help! I'm back in business, now.

    Rich

+ Reply to Thread