Not include images on reply? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Not include images on reply? - Mozilla ; I notice that unlike Outlook Express, TB automatically includes all images in the original email in a reply. Is there a way to turn this off? Thanks....

  1. Not include images on reply?

    I notice that unlike Outlook Express, TB automatically includes all
    images in the original email in a reply. Is there a way to turn this
    off? Thanks.

  2. Re: Not include images on reply?

    Rick wrote:
    > I notice that unlike Outlook Express, TB automatically includes all
    > images in the original email in a reply. Is there a way to turn this
    > off? Thanks.

    If you are composing in html mode then uncheck 'Display attachment
    inline' before clicking on reply or you can
    simple compose in plain text mode [ Tools > account settings > account
    name > Composition & addressing ] .

  3. Re: Not include images on reply?

    Thanks, I compose in HTML but I can't find 'Display attachment inline'.
    I've looked in Tools | Options but don't see it anywhere there. What
    am I missing?

    Nir wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> I notice that unlike Outlook Express, TB automatically includes all
    >> images in the original email in a reply. Is there a way to turn this
    >> off? Thanks.

    > If you are composing in html mode then uncheck 'Display attachment
    > inline' before clicking on reply or you can
    > simple compose in plain text mode [ Tools > account settings > account
    > name > Composition & addressing ] .

  4. Re: Not include images on reply?

    Rick wrote:
    > Thanks, I compose in HTML but I can't find 'Display attachment inline'.
    > I've looked in Tools | Options but don't see it anywhere there. What
    > am I missing?

    In main window , it will be under 'View' menu.

  5. Re: Not include images on reply?

    Nir wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> Thanks, I compose in HTML but I can't find 'Display attachment inline'.
    >> I've looked in Tools | Options but don't see it anywhere there. What
    >> am I missing?

    > In main window , it will be under 'View' menu.

    Thanks, Nir -- this doesn't make any difference. If before clicking
    Reply I *uncheck* 'Display Attachments Inline', it still sends out the
    images along with the email. Maybe this doesn't have any effect because
    images aren't really attachments?

  6. Re: Not include images on reply?

    Rick wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>> Thanks, I compose in HTML but I can't find 'Display attachment
    >>> inline'. I've looked in Tools | Options but don't see it
    >>> anywhere there. What am I missing?

    >> In main window , it will be under 'View' menu.
    >>

    > Thanks, Nir -- this doesn't make any difference. If before clicking
    > Reply I *uncheck* 'Display Attachments Inline', it still sends out
    > the images along with the email. Maybe this doesn't have any effect
    > because images aren't really attachments?

    Yes, if it is embedded within message body then only option is compose
    in plain text mode.
    Btw, no need to change compose option at account settings .
    Hold 'Shift' key in keyboard and click on reply to toggle your current
    compose mode.

+ Reply to Thread