Lost Mail Boxes - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Lost Mail Boxes - Mozilla ; I've been experiencing a problem with TB 2.006, where I cannot access the mail or news servers; TB asks for name and password but doesn't accept them. The solution I was following was to reinstall TB and things work OK ...

  1. Lost Mail Boxes

    I've been experiencing a problem with TB 2.006, where I cannot access
    the mail or news servers; TB asks for name and password but doesn't
    accept them. The solution I was following was to reinstall TB and
    things work OK for awhile, sometimes for a day or so, then I'd repeat
    the process.

    This last time I reinstalled TB, my specific mailboxes disappeared.

    I back up with a disk image program and could restore specific files but
    I don't know which if that is really solving the problem.

    Any suggestions will be appreciated.

  2. Re: Lost Mail Boxes

    TedK wrote:
    > I've been experiencing a problem with TB 2.006, where I cannot access
    > the mail or news servers; TB asks for name and password but doesn't
    > accept them. The solution I was following was to reinstall TB and
    > things work OK for awhile, sometimes for a day or so, then I'd repeat
    > the process.

    I don't know how reinstall of TB is helping you to solve above mentioned
    problem .
    I like to suggest to see this instruction
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Connection_errors_-_POP3#Logging_in"

    > This last time I reinstalled TB, my specific mailboxes disappeared.
    >
    > I back up with a disk image program and could restore specific files
    > but I don't know which if that is really solving the problem.

    (Assuming you are using POP3 account)
    I think it will help you to restore your lost folders .
    Guess you have an account named account_A and it had a folder named
    folder_B which has disappeared . To restore that folder back , open your
    backed up folder . Look for a folder named Mail. Within that folder you
    will find another folder named account_A. Open it . Copy only file named
    'folder_B' (don't copy folder_B.msf file )

    Now goto TB profile folder > Mail folder > account_A folder. Paste it here.
    Restart Thunderbird.

+ Reply to Thread