Updating emails - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Updating emails - Mozilla ; My new PC running Windows XP Pro recently suffered a hardware failure and is being repaired but I have managed to resurrect my old Windows98 SE machine to access email. How do I transfer just the emails retrieved in the ...

  1. Updating emails

    My new PC running Windows XP Pro recently suffered a hardware failure
    and is being repaired but I have managed to resurrect my old Windows98
    SE machine to access email.

    How do I transfer just the emails retrieved in the last few days on my
    old machine to the new one when it has been repaired without losing
    those already on the new machine?

    Michael

  2. Re: Updating emails

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:57:23 +0100, in message ,
    Michael Iannantuoni wrote:

    > My new PC running Windows XP Pro recently suffered a hardware failure
    > and is being repaired but I have managed to resurrect my old Windows98
    > SE machine to access email.
    >
    > How do I transfer just the emails retrieved in the last few days on my
    > old machine to the new one when it has been repaired without losing
    > those already on the new machine?

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq#export

    (When you copy the mail files from the Windows 98SE machine
    to the Windows XP Pro machine, you may want to rename them
    so they have different names to the mail files already on
    the Windows XP Pro machine.)

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

  3. Re: Updating emails

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:57:23 +0100, in message ,
    > Michael Iannantuoni wrote:
    >

    >> My new PC running Windows XP Pro recently suffered a hardware failure
    >> and is being repaired but I have managed to resurrect my old Windows98
    >> SE machine to access email.
    >>
    >> How do I transfer just the emails retrieved in the last few days on my
    >> old machine to the new one when it has been repaired without losing
    >> those already on the new machine?
    >>

    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq#export
    >

    > (When you copy the mail files from the Windows 98SE machine
    > to the Windows XP Pro machine, you may want to rename them
    > so they have different names to the mail files already on
    > the Windows XP Pro machine.)
    >

    >> Michael

    Thanks Ralph

+ Reply to Thread