thunderbird disappear - Mozilla

This is a discussion on thunderbird disappear - Mozilla ; have suddenly lost thunderbird after using for two years, rebooted computer, no longer there, loads of messages gone, any help?????? I had the latest version BlueRose -- -- BlueRose Dragon Fiber Arts Fantasy Forest Yarns & Fibers...

  1. thunderbird disappear

    have suddenly lost thunderbird after using for two years, rebooted
    computer, no longer there, loads of messages gone, any help?????? I had the
    latest version

    BlueRose

    BlueRose Dragon Fiber Arts
    Fantasy Forest Yarns & Fibers

  2. Re: thunderbird disappear

    BlueRose Donnely wrote:
    > have suddenly lost thunderbird after using for two years, rebooted
    > computer, no longer there, loads of messages gone, any help?????? I had the
    > latest version
    >
    > BlueRose

    Do you mean that Thunderbird itself has disappeared, or just your accounts?

  3. Re: thunderbird disappear

    I guess it would be my accounts. When I pushed my email button, thunderbird
    came on as though it was brand new, no information etc.

    --
    BlueRose Dragon Fiber Arts
    Fantasy Forest Yarns & Fibers
    "> Do you mean that Thunderbird itself has disappeared, or just your
    accounts?

  4. Re: thunderbird disappear

    On 19.09.2007 23:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused BlueRose
    Donnely to generate the following:? :
    > I guess it would be my accounts. When I pushed my email button, thunderbird
    > came on as though it was brand new, no information etc.

    start TB in profile mode and make sure that you are using the correct
    profile

    reg

  5. Re: thunderbird disappear

    nope, no luck there.

    --
    "squaredancer" wrote in message
    > On 19.09.2007 23:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused BlueRose Donnely
    > to generate the following:? :
    >> I guess it would be my accounts. When I pushed my email button,
    >> thunderbird came on as though it was brand new, no information etc.
    >>

    > start TB in profile mode and make sure that you are using the correct
    > profile
    >
    > reg

  6. Re: thunderbird disappear

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disappearing_mail

    --
    Irwin

  7. Re: thunderbird disappear

    thanks but no help.

    --
    "Irwin Greenwald" wrote in message
    news:6tqdnbgBuKMKJmzbnZ2dnUVZ_o_inZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 9/19/2007 2:29 PM, BlueRose Donnely wrote:
    >> I guess it would be my accounts. When I pushed my email button,
    >> thunderbird came on as though it was brand new, no information etc.
    >>

    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disappearing_mail
    >
    > --
    > Irwin
    >
    > Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
    >
    > Knowledge Base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

  8. Re: thunderbird disappear

    BlueRose Donnely wrote:
    > nope, no luck there.

    It sounds as if Tbird just decided to make a new profile. If you are
    using Windows, you will have to unhide the profile to be able to examine
    it. Launch a Windows Explorer window, choose Tools > Folder Options >
    View, and set "Show hidden files and folders", then uncheck "Hide
    extensions for known file types". Do a search for panacea.dat.
    Exploring its directory will get you into the profile. If there are two
    of those files, you should be able to tell from the dates for the
    folders which is newer, and it will be the older profile that you want.
    You should be able to set in profile.ini which profile you want to use.

+ Reply to Thread