Plain Text Extraction - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Plain Text Extraction - Mozilla ; Hi! I'm planning to make a massive backup of my huge mailbox. About 6GB of content in Mozilla Thunderbird. I found these great extension (http:// www.eviljeff.com/?page=moz-extensions ) that helps me to dettach the emails. Now, I'd like to extract each ...

  1. Plain Text Extraction

    Hi!

    I'm planning to make a massive backup of my huge mailbox. About 6GB of
    content in Mozilla Thunderbird. I found these great extension (http://
    www.eviljeff.com/?page=moz-extensions) that helps me to dettach the
    emails.

    Now, I'd like to extract each mail to a simple plain text file, named
    according to the date. I'll keep the attachments separated from the
    TXT files, as these last ones must reffeer to the attachments
    filenames their originnally had.

    This way I can store all this stuff on a DVD and access it without
    restoring my profile in another Thunderbird installation, as well as
    make searches throught the messages simply using grep, find, or even
    the Windows content search tool.

    Is there an extension or even a Thunderbird feature for assist me in
    this extraction?
    Does anybody recommends another way of storing my stuff without moving
    profiles?

    Thank you very much!
    Vinícius

  2. Re: Plain Text Extraction

    Vinícius Massuchetto wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm planning to make a massive backup of my huge mailbox. About 6GB of
    > content in Mozilla Thunderbird. I found these great extension (http://
    > www.eviljeff.com/?page=moz-extensions) that helps me to dettach the
    > emails.
    >
    > Now, I'd like to extract each mail to a simple plain text file, named
    > according to the date. I'll keep the attachments separated from the
    > TXT files, as these last ones must reffeer to the attachments
    > filenames their originnally had.
    >
    > This way I can store all this stuff on a DVD and access it without
    > restoring my profile in another Thunderbird installation, as well as
    > make searches throught the messages simply using grep, find, or even
    > the Windows content search tool.
    >
    > Is there an extension or even a Thunderbird feature for assist me in
    > this extraction?
    > Does anybody recommends another way of storing my stuff without moving
    > profiles?
    >
    > Thank you very much!
    > Vinícius

    the files are already in text formating. All you have to do
    is create a folder for 2006, and copy all the 2006 files
    there. Then close the program and remove the file 2006 and
    2006.msf out of the mail section. Restart the program, and
    those files won't be there.

    Also, make sure you compact the folders [under file] every
    so often.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread