disable the opening of attachments? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on disable the opening of attachments? - Mozilla ; Hi, can anybody tell me how block the opening of attachments in thunderbird? I want that thunderbird don't open attachments also if I try it. I only want to have a possibility to save attachments so I have to download ...

  1. disable the opening of attachments?

    Hi,
    can anybody tell me how block the opening of attachments in thunderbird?
    I want that thunderbird don't open attachments also if I try it. I only
    want to have a possibility to save attachments so I have to download the
    attachment before opening it. The attachment would be sannend before the
    opening. The problem is that the deleting of the file types
    Tools->Options->Attachments allows still the opening of attachments by
    double-clicking on a attachments. Anybody knowing a solution? Thanks in
    advance.

  2. Re: disable the opening of attachments?

    On 9/17/2007 1:04 PM Spiderman inquired:

    > Hi,
    > can anybody tell me how block the opening of attachments in thunderbird?
    > I want that thunderbird don't open attachments also if I try it. I only
    > want to have a possibility to save attachments so I have to download the
    > attachment before opening it. The attachment would be sannend before the
    > opening. The problem is that the deleting of the file types
    > Tools->Options->Attachments allows still the opening of attachments by
    > double-clicking on a attachments. Anybody knowing a solution? Thanks in
    > advance.

    tools>options>attachments
    choose your poison

    also, when inbox folder is highlighted, look at View> off the toolbar
    and toggle "View attachments in line" to unchecked if it is in fact
    checked...

  3. Re: disable the opening of attachments?

    Spiderman wrote:
    > Hi,
    > can anybody tell me how block the opening of attachments in thunderbird?
    > I want that thunderbird don't open attachments also if I try it. I only
    > want to have a possibility to save attachments so I have to download the
    > attachment before opening it. The attachment would be sannend before the
    > opening. The problem is that the deleting of the file types
    > Tools->Options->Attachments allows still the opening of attachments by
    > double-clicking on a attachments. Anybody knowing a solution? Thanks in
    > advance.

    TB will NOT execute attachments, it will only pass them to another
    program. If you want to execute an attachment, you must save it, then
    double-click it to run.
    You can open non-executable attachments, if you wish.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  4. Re: disable the opening of attachments?

    Ron Hunter schrieb:
    > Spiderman wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> can anybody tell me how block the opening of attachments in
    >> thunderbird? I want that thunderbird don't open attachments also if I
    >> try it. I only want to have a possibility to save attachments so I
    >> have to download the attachment before opening it. The attachment
    >> would be sannend before the opening. The problem is that the deleting
    >> of the file types Tools->Options->Attachments allows still the opening
    >> of attachments by double-clicking on a attachments. Anybody knowing a
    >> solution? Thanks in advance.

    > TB will NOT execute attachments, it will only pass them to another
    > program. If you want to execute an attachment, you must save it, then
    > double-click it to run.
    > You can open non-executable attachments, if you wish.

    I understand. But I don't want that thunderbird pass them to another
    program. Can I disable this possibility/behavior?

  5. Re: disable the opening of attachments?

    goodwin schrieb:
    > On 9/17/2007 1:04 PM Spiderman inquired:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> can anybody tell me how block the opening of attachments in thunderbird?
    >> I want that thunderbird don't open attachments also if I try it. I only
    >> want to have a possibility to save attachments so I have to download the
    >> attachment before opening it. The attachment would be sannend before the
    >> opening. The problem is that the deleting of the file types
    >> Tools->Options->Attachments allows still the opening of attachments by
    >> double-clicking on a attachments. Anybody knowing a solution? Thanks in
    >> advance.

    > tools>options>attachments
    > choose your poison
    >
    > also, when inbox folder is highlighted, look at View> off the toolbar
    > and toggle "View attachments in line" to unchecked if it is in fact
    > checked...

    I unchecked it but the attachments are still shown and I can open it.

+ Reply to Thread