inbox: see no e-mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on inbox: see no e-mail - Mozilla ; I copied the file inbox from another computer to the one I'm using right now. After opening thunderbird, I click on inbox and no e-mail shows up. I check the size of the inbox file. It is 36 mb but ...

  1. inbox: see no e-mail

    I copied the file inbox from another computer to the one I'm using
    right now. After opening thunderbird, I click on inbox and no
    e-mail shows up. I check the size of the inbox file. It is 36 mb
    but the inbox.msf is only 3k while the original one (on the other
    computer) is close to 1 mb. I copied the inbox file and named it
    inbox1. Still, I can't see anything.

    I opened the inbox file using notepad and I was able to see the
    e-mail.

    What's wrong?

  2. Re: inbox: see no e-mail

    John Smith wrote:
    > I copied the file inbox from another computer to the one I'm using
    > right now. After opening thunderbird, I click on inbox and no
    > e-mail shows up. I check the size of the inbox file. It is 36 mb
    > but the inbox.msf is only 3k while the original one (on the other
    > computer) is close to 1 mb. I copied the inbox file and named it
    > inbox1. Still, I can't see anything.
    >
    > I opened the inbox file using notepad and I was able to see the
    > e-mail.
    >
    > What's wrong?

    when you copied, you did so with the program closed, right?
    And you copied it without the file inbox.msf, right?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: inbox: see no e-mail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > John Smith wrote:
    >> I copied the file inbox from another computer to the one I'm using
    >> right now. After opening thunderbird, I click on inbox and no
    >> e-mail shows up. I check the size of the inbox file. It is 36 mb
    >> but the inbox.msf is only 3k while the original one (on the other
    >> computer) is close to 1 mb. I copied the inbox file and named it
    >> inbox1. Still, I can't see anything.
    >>
    >> I opened the inbox file using notepad and I was able to see the
    >> e-mail.
    >>
    >> What's wrong?

    > when you copied, you did so with the program closed, right?
    > And you copied it without the file inbox.msf, right?

    I copied it without copying inbox.msf. I'm not sure whether the
    program was closed. What effect would it be if the program was
    running?

  4. Re: inbox: see no e-mail

    John Smith wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> John Smith wrote:
    >>> I copied the file inbox from another computer to the one I'm using
    >>> right now. After opening thunderbird, I click on inbox and no
    >>> e-mail shows up. I check the size of the inbox file. It is 36 mb
    >>> but the inbox.msf is only 3k while the original one (on the other
    >>> computer) is close to 1 mb. I copied the inbox file and named it
    >>> inbox1. Still, I can't see anything.
    >>>
    >>> I opened the inbox file using notepad and I was able to see the
    >>> e-mail.
    >>>
    >>> What's wrong?

    >> when you copied, you did so with the program closed, right?
    >> And you copied it without the file inbox.msf, right?
    >>

    > I copied it without copying inbox.msf. I'm not sure whether the
    > program was closed. What effect would it be if the program was
    > running?

    what effect -- it wouldn't show up. You need to restart the
    program in order for it to show up. You can just place it
    there and expect tb to see it. You need to restart.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: inbox: see no e-mail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > John Smith wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> when you copied, you did so with the program closed, right?
    >>> And you copied it without the file inbox.msf, right?
    >>>

    >> I copied it without copying inbox.msf. I'm not sure whether the
    >> program was closed. What effect would it be if the program was
    >> running?

    > what effect -- it wouldn't show up. You need to restart the
    > program in order for it to show up. You can just place it
    > there and expect tb to see it. You need to restart.

    I have restarted my computer several times. Still can't see any
    e-mail. The file seems to be fine but for some reason Thunderbird
    doesn't like it.

  6. Re: inbox: see no e-mail

    On 9/17/2007 19:33, John Smith wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> John Smith wrote:

    >>> I copied it without copying inbox.msf. I'm not sure whether the
    >>> program was closed. What effect would it be if the program was
    >>> running?

    >> what effect -- it wouldn't show up. You need to restart the
    >> program in order for it to show up. You can just place it
    >> there and expect tb to see it. You need to restart.
    >>

    > I have restarted my computer several times. Still can't see any
    > e-mail. The file seems to be fine but for some reason Thunderbird
    > doesn't like it.

    Is there any chance that the "File" contains email that has been deleted
    or moved.....but not compacted ? ( display would be suppressed and not
    visible )

    In a plain text editor, check a couple of the following lines:

    regards:captjlddavis

+ Reply to Thread