I think I've worked out why I'm showing as Thunderbird.... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on I think I've worked out why I'm showing as Thunderbird.... - Mozilla ; Even though I downloaded Eudora, I hadnt downloaded The original Eudora First, so in effect I only have the Eudora that was written by Mozilla, which in effect is the Penelope Extension. Been searching round to work out what my ...

  1. I think I've worked out why I'm showing as Thunderbird....

    Even though I downloaded Eudora, I hadnt downloaded The original Eudora
    First, so in effect I only have the Eudora that was written by Mozilla,
    which in effect is the Penelope Extension. Been searching round to work
    out what my problem has been, and why my Eudora looks and behaves like
    Thunderbird.

    John

  2. Re: I think I've worked out why I'm showing as Thunderbird.... [PenelopeExtension]

    On 9/17/2007 10:34 AM, John wrote:
    > Even though I downloaded Eudora, I hadnt downloaded The original Eudora
    > First, so in effect I only have the Eudora that was written by Mozilla,
    > which in effect is the Penelope Extension. Been searching round to work
    > out what my problem has been, and why my Eudora looks and behaves like
    > Thunderbird.
    >
    > John

    The "Eudora" you are using was not written by Mozilla, but rather an
    extension which is installed on top of Thunderbird. The extension was
    developed by the Eudora developers.

    So, if one has a problem that is "eudora specific" behavior and it's not
    in the penelope bug list
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist...oduct=Penelope
    then you will want to file a bug against penelope
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_b...oduct=penelope

    (I thought these pages were pretty clear on what Penelope is about...

    "Qualcomm's intention with the Penelope (huh?) project (overview) is to
    join the EudoraŽ user experience with the Mozilla platform. We intend to
    produce a version of Eudora that is open source and based on Mozilla and
    Thunderbird. It's not our intention to compete with Thunderbird; rather,
    we want to complement it.
    http://wiki.mozilla.org/Penelope

    "Penelope is the open source version of Eudora. This extension adds
    changes to the Thunderbird UI to provide a familiar UI for Eudora users.
    Many of the Eudora shortcuts are also supported including functionality
    not offered in Thunderbird."

    )

  3. Re: I think I've worked out why I'm showing as Thunderbird.... [PenelopeExtension]

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 9/17/2007 10:34 AM, John wrote:
    >> Even though I downloaded Eudora, I hadnt downloaded The original
    >> Eudora First, so in effect I only have the Eudora that was written by
    >> Mozilla, which in effect is the Penelope Extension. Been searching
    >> round to work out what my problem has been, and why my Eudora looks
    >> and behaves like Thunderbird.
    >>
    >> John

    > The "Eudora" you are using was not written by Mozilla, but rather an
    > extension which is installed on top of Thunderbird. The extension was
    > developed by the Eudora developers.
    >
    > So, if one has a problem that is "eudora specific" behavior and it's not
    > in the penelope bug list
    > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist...oduct=Penelope
    > then you will want to file a bug against penelope
    > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_b...oduct=penelope
    >

    > (I thought these pages were pretty clear on what Penelope is about...
    >
    > "Qualcomm's intention with the Penelope (huh?) project (overview) is to
    > join the EudoraŽ user experience with the Mozilla platform. We intend to
    > produce a version of Eudora that is open source and based on Mozilla and
    > Thunderbird. It's not our intention to compete with Thunderbird; rather,
    > we want to complement it.
    > http://wiki.mozilla.org/Penelope
    >
    > "Penelope is the open source version of Eudora. This extension adds
    > changes to the Thunderbird UI to provide a familiar UI for Eudora users.
    > Many of the Eudora shortcuts are also supported including functionality
    > not offered in Thunderbird."
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4772
    >
    > )

    Hi, thanks for the explanation. That explains a lot.

    John.

+ Reply to Thread