How to make TB go to Inbox at startup - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to make TB go to Inbox at startup - Mozilla ; I had found that designating the Inbox as the Favorite Folder caused TB to start up in the Inbox. Now it stays on Local Folders and I have to go to Inbox manually. What would make this stop working, and ...

  1. How to make TB go to Inbox at startup

    I had found that designating the Inbox as the Favorite Folder caused TB
    to start up in the Inbox. Now it stays on Local Folders and I have to go
    to Inbox manually. What would make this stop working, and how can I get
    it work again?

  2. Re: (OT) How to make TB go to Inbox at startup

    Ken Krupa wrote:
    > I had found that designating the Inbox as the Favorite Folder caused TB
    > to start up in the Inbox. Now it stays on Local Folders and I have to go
    > to Inbox manually. What would make this stop working, and how can I get
    > it work again?

    Pray tell how did you do that? I can't find that option.
    Thanks...

  3. Re: (OT) How to make TB go to Inbox at startup

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > Ken Krupa wrote:
    >> I had found that designating the Inbox as the Favorite Folder caused
    >> TB to start up in the Inbox. Now it stays on Local Folders and I have
    >> to go to Inbox manually. What would make this stop working, and how
    >> can I get it work again?

    > Pray tell how did you do that? I can't find that option.
    > Thanks...

    I thought I did it just by designating Inbox as Favorite Folder (an
    option when you r-click on Inbox). I think I remember it working for a
    while. Maybe I was dreaming?

  4. Re: (OT) How to make TB go to Inbox at startup

    Ken Krupa wrote:
    > Don Nickell wrote:
    >> Ken Krupa wrote:
    >>> I had found that designating the Inbox as the Favorite Folder caused
    >>> TB to start up in the Inbox. Now it stays on Local Folders and I have
    >>> to go to Inbox manually. What would make this stop working, and how
    >>> can I get it work again?

    >> Pray tell how did you do that? I can't find that option.
    >> Thanks...

    > I thought I did it just by designating Inbox as Favorite Folder (an
    > option when you r-click on Inbox). I think I remember it working for a
    > while. Maybe I was dreaming?

    Hmmm...interesting, I don't find that following a r-click. But I'm still
    using 1.5.0.13, maybe that's why. I tried the latest version but most of
    my extension didn't work.

    Thanks for the reply...

  5. Re: (OT) How to make TB go to Inbox at startup

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > Ken Krupa wrote:
    >> Don Nickell wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Pray tell how did you do that? I can't find that option.
    >>> Thanks...

    >> I thought I did it just by designating Inbox as Favorite Folder (an
    >> option when you r-click on Inbox). I think I remember it working for a
    >> while. Maybe I was dreaming?

    > Hmmm...interesting, I don't find that following a r-click. But I'm still
    > using 1.5.0.13, maybe that's why. I tried the latest version but most of
    > my extension didn't work.
    >
    > Thanks for the reply...

    If you click the account name of the account where you want the Inbox to
    open on startup, select View Settings for this account, on the bottom
    left is a button you can click for Set as Default. Close Thunderbird and
    open it again. It should open to the Inbox of what you set as your
    default account.

  6. Re: (OT) How to make TB go to Inbox at startup

    On 9/17/07 11:58 AM, _Don Nickell_ spoke thusly:
    > Ken Krupa wrote:
    >> I had found that designating the Inbox as the Favorite Folder caused
    >> TB to start up in the Inbox. Now it stays on Local Folders and I have
    >> to go to Inbox manually. What would make this stop working, and how
    >> can I get it work again?

    > Pray tell how did you do that? I can't find that option.
    > Thanks...

    It's new in version 2.

    "Advanced Folder Views: Customize the folder pane to show favorite,
    unread or recent folders."
    --
    Chris Ilias

  7. Re: (OT) How to make TB go to Inbox at startup

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 9/17/07 11:58 AM, _Don Nickell_ spoke thusly:
    >> Ken Krupa wrote:
    >>> I had found that designating the Inbox as the Favorite Folder caused
    >>> TB to start up in the Inbox. Now it stays on Local Folders and I have
    >>> to go to Inbox manually. What would make this stop working, and how
    >>> can I get it work again?

    >> Pray tell how did you do that? I can't find that option.
    >> Thanks...

    > It's new in version 2.
    >
    > "Advanced Folder Views: Customize the folder pane to show favorite,
    > unread or recent folders."

    Ah so, thanks Chris, I figured it was probably the reason I couldn't find
    it. It's both good and bad that we have so many version updates, that way
    a person can pick and choose which one he/she wants to keep for everyday use.

+ Reply to Thread