Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup - Mozilla ; For confusions sake, when your using Thunderbird, how do you stop it from sending messages on startup, plus, when posting a message, I dont want it to be sent straight away I want it to sit in the Unsent Tray, ...

  1. Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup

    For confusions sake, when your using Thunderbird, how do you stop it
    from sending messages on startup, plus, when posting a message, I dont
    want it to be sent straight away I want it to sit in the Unsent Tray,
    and would rather send it manually. How can I do that?

    Thank you.

    John.

  2. Re: Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup

    John wrote:
    > For confusions sake, when your using Thunderbird, how do you stop it
    > from sending messages on startup,

    Tools-Account settings, click on the appropriate account, click on
    Server settings, uncheck "Check for messages at startup"

    > plus, when posting a message, I dont
    > want it to be sent straight away I want it to sit in the Unsent Tray,
    > and would rather send it manually. How can I do that?

    Afraid I can't see any way of doing this, other than working Off-line.
    (File-Offline-Work Offline). When you are offline, the "Send" button
    changes to "Send Later".

    HTH

  3. Re: Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup

    On 9/17/2007 11:10 AM, Gordon wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >> For confusions sake, when your using Thunderbird, how do you stop it
    >> from sending messages on startup,

    > Tools-Account settings, click on the appropriate account, click on
    > Server settings, uncheck "Check for messages at startup"
    >

    >> plus, when posting a message, I dont want it to be sent straight away
    >> I want it to sit in the Unsent Tray, and would rather send it
    >> manually. How can I do that?

    > Afraid I can't see any way of doing this, other than working Off-line.
    > (File-Offline-Work Offline). When you are offline, the "Send" button
    > changes to "Send Later".
    >
    > HTH

    Try the Send Later extension that can be downloaded from
    http://www.unsignedbyte.com/?page_id=4

    I use it regularly and it works as advertised. It puts your messages
    marked to be sent later in the drafts folder and only moves them to the
    unsent folder when it's time to send them, getting around the send on
    load problem.
    Dave Pyles

  4. Re: Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup

    John wrote:
    > For confusions sake, when your using Thunderbird, how do you stop it
    > from sending messages on startup,

    Try

    Tools>Options>Advanced>Network and Disk Space>Offline
    Select the option you prefer for Sending messages when going online

    plus, when posting a message, I dont
    > want it to be sent straight away I want it to sit in the Unsent Tray,
    > and would rather send it manually. How can I do that?

    In the Compose window, the File pulldown menu has a choice to Send Later

    > Thank you.
    >
    > John.

  5. Re: Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup

    David Pyles wrote:
    > On 9/17/2007 11:10 AM, Gordon wrote:
    >> John wrote:
    >>> For confusions sake, when your using Thunderbird, how do you stop it
    >>> from sending messages on startup,

    >> Tools-Account settings, click on the appropriate account, click on
    >> Server settings, uncheck "Check for messages at startup"
    >>

    >>> plus, when posting a message, I dont want it to be sent straight away
    >>> I want it to sit in the Unsent Tray, and would rather send it
    >>> manually. How can I do that?

    >> Afraid I can't see any way of doing this, other than working Off-line.
    >> (File-Offline-Work Offline). When you are offline, the "Send" button
    >> changes to "Send Later".
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > Try the Send Later extension that can be downloaded from
    > http://www.unsignedbyte.com/?page_id=4
    >
    > I use it regularly and it works as advertised. It puts your messages
    > marked to be sent later in the drafts folder and only moves them to the
    > unsent folder when it's time to send them, getting around the send on
    > load problem.
    > Dave Pyles

    Got that working, thanks, good extension.

    Thank you.

    John.

  6. Re: Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup

    Fred W. > wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >> For confusions sake, when your using Thunderbird, how do you stop it
    >> from sending messages on startup,

    > Try
    >
    > Tools>Options>Advanced>Network and Disk Space>Offline
    > Select the option you prefer for Sending messages when going online
    >
    > plus, when posting a message, I dont
    >> want it to be sent straight away I want it to sit in the Unsent Tray,
    >> and would rather send it manually. How can I do that?

    > In the Compose window, the File pulldown menu has a choice to Send Later
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> John.

    Hi, thank you for your reply, I will use that, and the extension for
    send later I just installed.

    Thanks again.

    John.

  7. Re: Stopping mail program sending messeges on startup

    Gordon wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >> For confusions sake, when your using Thunderbird, how do you stop it
    >> from sending messages on startup,

    > Tools-Account settings, click on the appropriate account, click on
    > Server settings, uncheck "Check for messages at startup"
    >

    >> plus, when posting a message, I dont want it to be sent straight away
    >> I want it to sit in the Unsent Tray, and would rather send it
    >> manually. How can I do that?

    > Afraid I can't see any way of doing this, other than working Off-line.
    > (File-Offline-Work Offline). When you are offline, the "Send" button
    > changes to "Send Later".
    >
    > HTH

    Click on file menu scroll down and choose send later.