marking all mailing list emails as Not Junk.... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on marking all mailing list emails as Not Junk.... - Mozilla ; Is there a way to specify in TB 2.0 that any email from a particular mailing list is not junk? Right now, TB thinks this is junk to almost all of them and I have to mark as not junk ...

  1. marking all mailing list emails as Not Junk....

    Is there a way to specify in TB 2.0 that any email from a particular
    mailing list is not junk?

    Right now, TB thinks this is junk to almost all of them and I have to

    ....Lisa

  2. Re: marking all mailing list emails as Not Junk....

    hamiltoncruiser wrote:
    > Is there a way to specify in TB 2.0 that any email from a particular
    > mailing list is not junk?
    >
    > Right now, TB thinks this is junk to almost all of them and I have to
    >
    > ...Lisa

    You can do that with a "filter" (in Tools => Message Filters), if you can tell
    Thunderbird how to identify mailing list emails.

    For instance, I have one filter which says:

    (*) Match all the following:
    To or Cc begins with vim
    To or Cc ends with @googlegroups.com
    Perform these actions:
    Move message to zzVim on Local Folders
    Set Junk status to Not Junk

    That filter applies to the "vim_use", "vim_dev" and "vim_multibyte" Google
    Groups to which I am subscribed, and which I receive in the form of mailing
    lists. The "zz" in front of the folder name places it at the end of the
    folders list.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    "The eleventh commandment was `Thou Shalt Compute' or `Thou Shalt Not
    Compute' -- I forget which."

    On Sep 16, 8:35 pm, Tony Mechelynck
    wrote:
    > hamiltoncruiser wrote:
    > > Is there a way to specify in TB 2.0 that any email from a particular
    > > mailing list is not junk?

    > > Right now, TB thinks this is junk to almost all of them and I have to

    > > ...Lisa

    > You can do that with a "filter" (in Tools => Message Filters), if you can tell
    > Thunderbird how to identify mailing list emails.
    >
    > For instance, I have one filter which says:
    >
    > (*) Match all the following:
    > To or Cc begins with vim
    > To or Cc ends with @googlegroups.com
    > Perform these actions:
    > Move message to zzVim on Local Folders
    > Set Junk status to Not Junk
    >
    > That filter applies to the "vim_use", "vim_dev" and "vim_multibyte" Google
    > Groups to which I am subscribed, and which I receive in the form of mailing
    > lists. The "zz" in front of the folder name places it at the end of the
    > folders list.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Tony.
    > --
    > "The eleventh commandment was `Thou Shalt Compute' or `Thou Shalt Not
    > Compute' -- I forget which."
    > -- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982

    Thank you Tony!

    ....Lisa

+ Reply to Thread