Viewing saved passwords - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Viewing saved passwords - Mozilla ; Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP Pro, no add-ons, default theme. When I click on "edit saved password" in the options menu, there's a brief flash of the window frame for the password manager, but it immediately goes away. Anyone got ...

  1. Viewing saved passwords

    Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP Pro, no add-ons, default theme.

    When I click on "edit saved password" in the options menu,
    there's a brief flash of the window frame for the password
    manager, but it immediately goes away.

    Anyone got ideas on how to access the passwords?

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    Our cause is a secret within a secret, a secret that only
    another secret can explain; it is a secret about a secret veiled
    in secrecy.

  2. Re: Viewing saved passwords

    On 9/16/2007 7:16 AM, Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP Pro, no add-ons, default theme.
    >
    > When I click on "edit saved password" in the options menu,
    > there's a brief flash of the window frame for the password
    > manager, but it immediately goes away.
    >
    > Anyone got ideas on how to access the passwords?

    WFM on 2.0.0.6 on Win XP HE with Noia 2 eXtreme.

    Do you actually have saved passwords? (maybe fails if folder is empty)

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: Viewing saved passwords

    On 9/16/2007 3:02 PM, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 9/16/2007 7:16 AM, Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP Pro, no add-ons, default theme.
    >>
    >> When I click on "edit saved password" in the options menu, there's a
    >> brief flash of the window frame for the password manager, but it
    >> immediately goes away.
    >>
    >> Anyone got ideas on how to access the passwords?
    >>

    > WFM on 2.0.0.6 on Win XP HE with Noia 2 eXtreme.
    >
    > Do you actually have saved passwords? (maybe fails if folder is empty)

    Also works with default theme.

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: Viewing saved passwords

    Irwin Greenwald wrote in

    > On 9/16/2007 7:16 AM, Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP Pro, no add-ons, default
    >> theme.
    >>
    >> When I click on "edit saved password" in the options menu,
    >> there's a brief flash of the window frame for the password
    >> manager, but it immediately goes away.
    >>
    >> Anyone got ideas on how to access the passwords?
    >>

    > WFM on 2.0.0.6 on Win XP HE with Noia 2 eXtreme.
    >
    > Do you actually have saved passwords? (maybe fails if folder
    > is empty)

    Yes, I actually have passwords.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    Poor planning is the key to flexibility

  5. Re: Viewing saved passwords

    On 16.09.2007 15:16 UK Time, Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP Pro, no add-ons, default theme.
    >
    > When I click on "edit saved password" in the options menu,
    > there's a brief flash of the window frame for the password
    > manager, but it immediately goes away.
    >
    > Anyone got ideas on how to access the passwords?

    WFM. Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows 2000, several add-ons, default theme.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  6. Re: Viewing saved passwords

    On 9/16/2007 7:16 AM On a whim, Christopher Jahn pounded out on the keyboard

    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP Pro, no add-ons, default theme.
    >
    > When I click on "edit saved password" in the options menu,
    > there's a brief flash of the window frame for the password
    > manager, but it immediately goes away.
    >
    > Anyone got ideas on how to access the passwords?

    Did you try TB Safe Mode to see if an extension is messing with the window?

    --
    Terry R.

  7. Re: Viewing saved passwords

    "Terry R." wrote in

    > On 9/16/2007 7:16 AM On a whim, Christopher Jahn pounded out
    > on the keyboard
    >
    >> Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP Pro, no add-ons, default
    >> theme.
    >>
    >> When I click on "edit saved password" in the options menu,
    >> there's a brief flash of the window frame for the password
    >> manager, but it immediately goes away.
    >>
    >> Anyone got ideas on how to access the passwords?
    >>

    > Did you try TB Safe Mode to see if an extension is messing
    > with the window?

    Since I don't have any extensions (see O.P.), I didn't see the
    point of that. But I'll give it a try and report back.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    When in doubt, **** it. When not in doubt... get in doubt!