negative vibes - Mozilla

This is a discussion on negative vibes - Mozilla ; can anyone provide help with continued "negative vibes from localhost" error. i've posted a few times yet get no responses. i use vista os, tb used to work fine, then hotmail gets the password failed negative vibes from localhost message ...

  1. negative vibes

    can anyone provide help with continued "negative vibes from localhost"
    error. i've posted a few times yet get no responses. i use vista os, tb used
    to work fine, then hotmail gets the password failed negative vibes from
    localhost message yet msn still works. then hotmail works and msn does not,
    then hotmail and one of the 2 msn accounts work, then none work. it
    continues round and round... some work, none work, one works... no rhyme or
    reason, but always the same negative vibes message. the only response i've
    received was a couple other people with the same problem. any help!? thanks
    forrest

  2. Re: negative vibes

    FC wrote:
    > can anyone provide help with continued "negative vibes from localhost"
    > error. i've posted a few times yet get no responses. i use vista os, tb used
    > to work fine, then hotmail gets the password failed negative vibes from
    > localhost message yet msn still works. then hotmail works and msn does not,
    > then hotmail and one of the 2 msn accounts work, then none work. it
    > continues round and round... some work, none work, one works... no rhyme or
    > reason, but always the same negative vibes message. the only response i've
    > received was a couple other people with the same problem. any help!? thanks
    > forrest

    are you using the webmail extension? If so, then update it,
    or go and ask on their forums:
    http://groups.google.com/group/thund...mail-extension

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: negative vibes

    FC wrote:
    > can anyone provide help with continued "negative vibes from localhost"
    > error. i've posted a few times yet get no responses. i use vista os, tb
    > used to work fine, then hotmail gets the password failed negative vibes
    > from localhost message yet msn still works. then hotmail works and msn
    > does not, then hotmail and one of the 2 msn accounts work, then none
    > work. it continues round and round... some work, none work, one works...
    > no rhyme or reason, but always the same negative vibes message. the only
    > response i've received was a couple other people with the same problem.
    > any help!? thanks forrest

    What made you switch to VISTA??
    Are you trying to punish yourself?

  4. Re: negative vibes

    > The very nature of the webmail localhost will always lead to
    > negative vibes at some point or another. That's why the software
    > designers are always updating the code. Do yourself a favor and
    > get rid of webmail implementation in TB and replace it with pop
    > mail. *MSN & Hotmail implemented pop mail awhile ago.
    >
    > The server is pop3.live com at port 995.
    > Use your full email address for username (E.g., x...@msn.com).
    > Check SSL under Use Secure Connection
    > You don't need to check Use Secure Authentication.
    >
    > If you also want to use a outgoing server (SMTP server):
    > Server name is smtp.live.com on port 25.
    > Check to use name & password for Security & Authentication.
    > Use your full userid as above.
    > Check TLS, if available.

    Great tip, thanks. Saved me a lot of grief!

+ Reply to Thread