My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail - Mozilla ; I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password. ...

  1. My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has
    worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail
    password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password.

    I went to my Hotmail webmail and the same password works.

    Soooo, does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?

    This is the message I get:

    "Sending of password did not succeed. Mailserver localhost responded:
    negative vibes from @hotmail.com"

    Then it wants me to enter a new password and I enter the old (correct) one.

  2. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    On 9/15/2007 7:06 PM, Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has
    > worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail
    > password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password.
    >
    > I went to my Hotmail webmail and the same password works.
    >
    > Soooo, does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?
    >
    > This is the message I get:
    >
    > "Sending of password did not succeed. Mailserver localhost responded:
    > negative vibes from @hotmail.com"
    >
    > Then it wants me to enter a new password and I enter the old (correct) one.

    There was a recent "upgrade" of Hotmail. Now, SeaMonkey can no longer
    access mail via the Web unless it spoofs Firefox. See
    .

    You might be seeing another aspect of what really is a downgrade of
    Hotmail. It's almost as if Micro$oft were trying to block use of
    non-Micro$oft products to access its Hotmail service. But Micro$oft
    wouldn't do that, would they?

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

  3. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has
    > worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail
    > password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password.
    >
    > I went to my Hotmail webmail and the same password works.
    >
    > Soooo, does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?
    >
    > This is the message I get:
    >
    > "Sending of password did not succeed. Mailserver localhost responded:
    > negative vibes from @hotmail.com"
    >
    > Then it wants me to enter a new password and I enter the old (correct) one.

    I was having the same problem for several days. After the negative vibes
    message TB would prompt for the password. Since it was saved I just
    checked remember and clicked OK. Today I actually retyped the same
    password and it's working fine now.

  4. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    David E. Ross wrote:
    > There was a recent "upgrade" of Hotmail. Now, SeaMonkey can no longer
    > access mail via the Web unless it spoofs Firefox. See
    > .

    hogwash! SM 1.1.4 and I have no problems whatsoever.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has
    > worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail
    > password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password.
    >
    > I went to my Hotmail webmail and the same password works.
    >
    > Soooo, does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?
    >
    > This is the message I get:
    >
    > "Sending of password did not succeed. Mailserver localhost responded:
    > negative vibes from @hotmail.com"
    >
    > Then it wants me to enter a new password and I enter the old (correct) one.

    have you been clicking on the Get Mail button when this
    happens? If so, then stop it! Don't force TB to get the
    mail. Instead, make sure you have your settings to TB will
    get the mail at its own time.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has
    > worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail
    > password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password.
    >
    > I went to my Hotmail webmail and the same password works.
    >
    > Soooo, does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?
    >
    > This is the message I get:
    >
    > "Sending of password did not succeed. Mailserver localhost responded:
    > negative vibes from @hotmail.com"
    >
    > Then it wants me to enter a new password and I enter the old (correct) one.

    Perhaps you have been upgraded to Hotmail Live? If you had the
    Hotmail Old Website checked under the Mode setting in the
    WebMail-Hotmail extension checked, try switching to the Hotmail
    Live website mode.

    Ann
    --
    Remove the FISH from the net to reply

  7. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >> I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has
    >> worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail
    >> password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password.
    >>
    >> I went to my Hotmail webmail and the same password works.
    >>
    >> Soooo, does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?
    >>
    >> This is the message I get:
    >>
    >> "Sending of password did not succeed. Mailserver localhost responded:
    >> negative vibes from @hotmail.com"
    >>
    >> Then it wants me to enter a new password and I enter the old (correct)
    >> one.

    > have you been clicking on the Get Mail button when this happens? If so,
    > then stop it! Don't force TB to get the mail. Instead, make sure you
    > have your settings to TB will get the mail at its own time.

    Having TB or SM for that matter, get the mail at preset times don't
    usually cause problems if you set no lower than 5-10 minutes. 10 minutes
    is ideal. lower than 5 minutes causes all types of problems.

  8. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    On 9/15/2007 10:09 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > David E. Ross wrote:
    >> There was a recent "upgrade" of Hotmail. Now, SeaMonkey can no longer
    >> access mail via the Web unless it spoofs Firefox. See
    >> .

    > hogwash! SM 1.1.4 and I have no problems whatsoever.

    I think you have been drinking your own hogwash!

    With Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4, I can logon. But I can't get the next
    page, the welcome page.

    If my UA string is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6, then I get the welcome page.

    The welcome page says:
    > You are using the classic version of Windows Live Hotmail.
    > Have a fast connection and want more features? Try the
    > full version to see message previews in your inbox. (It's free, too.)

    However, I have a dial-up connection. Thus, I continue to use the
    classic version.

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

  9. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    Annailis wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >> I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has
    >> worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail
    >> password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password.
    >>
    >> I went to my Hotmail webmail and the same password works.
    >>
    >> Soooo, does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?
    >>
    >> This is the message I get:
    >>
    >> "Sending of password did not succeed. Mailserver localhost responded:
    >> negative vibes from @hotmail.com"
    >>
    >> Then it wants me to enter a new password and I enter the old (correct) one.

    > Perhaps you have been upgraded to Hotmail Live? If you had the
    > Hotmail Old Website checked under the Mode setting in the
    > WebMail-Hotmail extension checked, try switching to the Hotmail
    > Live website mode.
    >
    > Ann

    Ta Da!! That, fixed it, Ann. I didn't realize there was more than one
    mode and I guess I got upgraded whether I asked for it or not.

    Thank you!

  10. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > I have had Hotmail configured in TB for a very long time and it has
    > worked perfectly up until now. Suddenly it is not accepting my Hotmail
    > password. I checked in the passwords and it is still the same password.
    >
    > I went to my Hotmail webmail and the same password works.
    >
    > Soooo, does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?
    >
    > This is the message I get:
    >
    > "Sending of password did not succeed. Mailserver localhost responded:
    > negative vibes from @hotmail.com"
    >
    > Then it wants me to enter a new password and I enter the old (correct) one.

    Reading this thread, I was wondering whether the "upgrade" wasn't some
    sort of an automatic upgrade from Hotmail to Windows Live Mail for all
    users. So I changed the options for my Webmail-Hotmail extension under
    "Mode" from "Hotmail (old website)" to "Hotmail Live (new website)" and
    bingo, everything runs smooth again (well, except for your complete
    inbox being download to TB all over again)

    CreloX

  11. Re: My Thunderbird Hotmail account is blocking incoming mail

    David E. Ross wrote:

    > With Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
    > Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4, I can logon. But I can't get the next
    > page, the welcome page.
    >
    > If my UA string is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    > rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6, then I get the welcome page.

    I just tried it with both of your UAs and I had no problems
    whatsoever.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread