using multiple SMTP addresses - Mozilla

This is a discussion on using multiple SMTP addresses - Mozilla ; I have 2 users using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and when we get mail we each use our own passwords. When we send mail, we both have to use the password for the default SMTP. Is there a way that we can ...

  1. using multiple SMTP addresses

    I have 2 users using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and when we get mail we each
    use our own passwords. When we send mail, we both have to use the
    password for the default SMTP. Is there a way that we can each use our
    own passwords when sending messages out?

  2. Re: using multiple SMTP addresses

    Am 15.09.2007 23:56 »lc« wrote
    > I have 2 users using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and when we get mail we each
    > use our own passwords. When we send mail, we both have to use the
    > password for the default SMTP. Is there a way that we can each use our
    > own passwords when sending messages out?

    2 points:
    -why not using different profiles for each user?
    -if you have to stay with one profile, you add different SMTP servers
    for sending messages. With the compose window you can select the server
    you want by pulldown menu right to the field "From:"

  3. Re: using multiple SMTP addresses

    lc wrote:
    > I have 2 users using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and when we get mail we each
    > use our own passwords. When we send mail, we both have to use the
    > password for the default SMTP. Is there a way that we can each use our
    > own passwords when sending messages out?

    so you have two SMTPs, correct. If so, then click on Tools,
    Account Settings, select the account you want, then on the
    bottom right is the Manage Identities button. Click that.
    Create one ID for you, and one for your friend. You can
    also select the SMTP for you and one for him.

    Now, when you send a message, besure to click on the From
    and change it to your account, and when you friend sends
    one, he has to make sure he selects his.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread