Saving Messages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Saving Messages - Mozilla ; Some of my mailboxes are getting rather large and I'd like to archive the emails in them but still allow them to be text-searchable (from outside Thunderbird is OK). I'm running v2.0.0.6 How can I do this? Thanks, J...

  1. Saving Messages

    Some of my mailboxes are getting rather large and I'd like to archive
    the emails in them but still allow them to be text-searchable (from
    outside Thunderbird is OK). I'm running v2.0.0.6

    How can I do this?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Saving Messages

    On 15.09.2007 12:04 UK Time, Jeffinputnam wrote:
    > Some of my mailboxes are getting rather large and I'd like to archive
    > the emails in them but still allow them to be text-searchable (from
    > outside Thunderbird is OK). I'm running v2.0.0.6

    Can you define 'rather large'?

    I have several hundred thousand messages in my mail archive dating back
    about 10 years ago, and TB handles the archive without any problem, i.e.
    there isn't really a need to archive outside TB (as long as you keep
    your Inbox clean and compacted, of course).

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: Saving Messages

    Thunderbird Leader Jeffinputnam teletyped on date 9/15/2007 7:04 AM ...
    > Some of my mailboxes are getting rather large and I'd like to archive
    > the emails in them but still allow them to be text-searchable (from
    > outside Thunderbird is OK). I'm running v2.0.0.6
    >
    > How can I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,

    There is an Add-on/Extension that does export archives and imports of
    the Mbox format mail files. Check out this site:
    http://nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/index-en.html

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,