Local Folders - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Local Folders - Mozilla ; The Pied Piper said the following: > Can anyone tell me is there any way to change where emails are stored > after I've created an account? In the Folder Pane on the left, highlight the account name. Select Account ...

  1. Re: Local Folders

    The Pied Piper said the following:
    > Can anyone tell me is there any way to change where emails are stored
    > after I've created an account?

    In the Folder Pane on the left, highlight the account name.
    Select Account settings from the right pane
    Select Server Settings for that account
    There is a check-box about trash ... to the right of that is [Advanced],
    select that

    choose the inbound storage folder there ...

    --

    Macbook Pro 2.16 Core-Duo OS/X 10.4.10 Build:8R2218

    Thunderbird version 2.0.0.6 (20070728)

    Camino : Version is a Nightly Trunk-Build

  2. Re: Local Folders

    On 16.09.2007 04:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused The Pied Piper
    to generate the following:? :
    > Can anyone tell me is there any way to change where emails are stored
    > after I've created an account?

    RIGHT click on the account-folder name
    select "New Folder"
    name the new folder

    DRAG 'n' Drop mails to the new folder icon.... problem solved!

    Unless, of course, you *are not* using windose?? In that case, you will
    have to suffer!

    reg

  3. Re: Local Folders

    On 16.09.2007 07:53, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused The Pied Piper
    to generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 16.09.2007 04:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused The Pied Piper
    >> to generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> Can anyone tell me is there any way to change where emails are stored
    >>> after I've created an account?
    >>>

    >> RIGHT click on the account-folder name
    >> select "New Folder"
    >> name the new folder
    >>
    >> DRAG 'n' Drop mails to the new folder icon.... problem solved!
    >>
    >> Unless, of course, you *are not* using windose?? In that case, you will
    >> have to suffer!
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > That's all fine but how do I create a drafts folder, sent and unsent
    > items folders without having to respecify an account?

    sorry - I'm afraid I don't understand what you are trying to do.... when
    you create an account, those folders are created automatically...

    reg

  4. Re: Local Folders

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 16.09.2007 07:53, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused The Pied Piper
    > to generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 16.09.2007 04:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused The Pied Piper
    >>> to generate the following:? :

    >>> RIGHT click on the account-folder name
    >>> select "New Folder"
    >>> name the new folder
    >>>
    >>> DRAG 'n' Drop mails to the new folder icon.... problem solved!
    >>>
    >>> Unless, of course, you *are not* using windose?? In that case, you will
    >>> have to suffer!
    >>>
    >>> reg
    >>>

    >> That's all fine but how do I create a drafts folder, sent and unsent
    >> items folders without having to respecify an account?
    >>

    > sorry - I'm afraid I don't understand what you are trying to do.... when
    > you create an account, those folders are created automatically...
    >
    > reg

    no reg, not really. Those folders will be created when you
    need them. Create a message and save it to draft, and the
    folder will be created automatically. When you send the
    message, the sent folder will be created. The unsent folder
    is only in the Local Folders account and no other account
    has them

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Local Folders

    On 9/15/07 9:31 AM, _squaredancer_ spoke thusly:
    > On 16.09.2007 07:53, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused The Pied Piper
    > to generate the following:? :
    >
    >> That's all fine but how do I create a drafts folder, sent and unsent
    >> items folders without having to respecify an account?

    > sorry - I'm afraid I don't understand what you are trying to do.... when
    > you create an account, those folders are created automatically...

    In 1.5.x, the Drafts, Templates, and Sent folders are created, when you
    create the account.
    In Thunderbird 2 and above, they are not created until they are needed.
    * (Drafts) Save a draft.
    * (Templates) Save as Template.
    * (Sent) Message is sent.

    --
    Chris Ilias

  6. Local Folders

    Can anyone tell me is there any way to change where emails are stored
    after I've created an account?

  7. Re: Local Folders

    Frobozz wrote:
    > The Pied Piper said the following:
    >> Can anyone tell me is there any way to change where emails are stored
    >> after I've created an account?

    > In the Folder Pane on the left, highlight the account name.
    > Select Account settings from the right pane
    > Select Server Settings for that account
    > There is a check-box about trash ... to the right of that is [Advanced],
    > select that
    >
    > choose the inbound storage folder there ...

    Thanks for that..

    That's good but it only created inbox and trash folders, any reason why?

  8. Re: Local Folders

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 16.09.2007 04:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused The Pied Piper
    > to generate the following:? :
    >> Can anyone tell me is there any way to change where emails are stored
    >> after I've created an account?
    >>

    > RIGHT click on the account-folder name
    > select "New Folder"
    > name the new folder
    >
    > DRAG 'n' Drop mails to the new folder icon.... problem solved!
    >
    > Unless, of course, you *are not* using windose?? In that case, you will
    > have to suffer!
    >
    > reg

    That's all fine but how do I create a drafts folder, sent and unsent
    items folders without having to respecify an account?

+ Reply to Thread