Retrieving a Sent Item after a Crash - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Retrieving a Sent Item after a Crash - Mozilla ; I was sending a particularly cogent and technical email to a newsgroup with an attachment and Thunderbird crashed while sending. Someone tell me there is a way to retrieve this "crashed" outgoing email, please? I'd look in the "Sent" or ...

  1. Retrieving a Sent Item after a Crash

    I was sending a particularly cogent and technical email to a newsgroup
    with an attachment and Thunderbird crashed while sending.

    Someone tell me there is a way to retrieve this "crashed" outgoing
    email, please?

    I'd look in the "Sent" or "Drafts" folder but I don't see one for the
    newsgroups.

    - Jonathan

  2. Re: Retrieving a Sent Item after a Crash

    Jonathan wrote:
    > I was sending a particularly cogent and technical email to a newsgroup
    > with an attachment and Thunderbird crashed while sending.
    >
    > Someone tell me there is a way to retrieve this "crashed" outgoing
    > email, please?
    >
    > I'd look in the "Sent" or "Drafts" folder but I don't see one for the
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > - Jonathan

    did you look under Local Folders?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Retrieving a Sent Item after a Crash

    On 9/14/2007 11:41 AM, Jonathan wrote:
    > I was sending a particularly cogent and technical email to a newsgroup
    > with an attachment and Thunderbird crashed while sending.
    >
    > Someone tell me there is a way to retrieve this "crashed" outgoing
    > email, please?
    >
    > I'd look in the "Sent" or "Drafts" folder but I don't see one for the
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > - Jonathan

    On your menu bar, go to [Tools > Account Settings]. For the news server
    account (e.g., mozilla.support.thunderbird is in the news.mozilla.org
    account), select "Copies & Folders".

    In the Copies & Folders window, there is an area near the top, labeled
    "When sending messages, automatically:". At the top of that area, there
    is a checkbox labeled "Place a copy in:". If that checkbox is not
    checked, you might be out of luck. If that checkbox is checked, the
    rest of that area will tell you where a copy of your message was saved.

    Note well: If the check box is NOT checked, you most likely want to
    check it and provide the additional information regarding where to save
    messages.

    --

    David E. Ross
    .

    bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. 1997

  4. Re: Retrieving a Sent Item after a Crash

    Hi Peter and David.

    Much thanks to you both.

    "Draft" message was in fact under the local folder and I will be
    checking the save copies box for the future.

    Goodwill.

+ Reply to Thread