little dotted gray lines - Mozilla

This is a discussion on little dotted gray lines - Mozilla ; In the Accounts pane, there are these little gray dotted lines that goes from the account name to the inbox, sent, drafts, etc. Also, in the thread/headers pane, there are these little gray dotted lines that goes from each message ...

  1. little dotted gray lines

    In the Accounts pane, there are these little gray dotted
    lines that goes from the account name to the inbox, sent,
    drafts, etc.

    Also, in the thread/headers pane, there are these little
    gray dotted lines that goes from each message within a thread.

    What I want to do is make them bolder and maybe a different
    color, but I don't know what scripting I need. I've looked
    in the DOMI but I can't find those little dotted lines.
    Either that or I'm looking in the wrong area or at the wrong
    thing.

    I've got some of the script, but I need the rest:

    {font-weight: bold !important;
    color: darkblue !important; }

    Can someone help me out with the rest?

    Thanks

    Grant

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  2. Re: little dotted gray lines

    Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    9/11/2007 3:34 PM ...
    > In the Accounts pane, there are these little gray dotted lines that
    > goes from the account name to the inbox, sent, drafts, etc.
    >
    > Also, in the thread/headers pane, there are these little gray dotted
    > lines that goes from each message within a thread.
    >
    > What I want to do is make them bolder and maybe a different color, but
    > I don't know what scripting I need. I've looked in the DOMI but I
    > can't find those little dotted lines. Either that or I'm looking in
    > the wrong area or at the wrong thing.
    >
    > I've got some of the script, but I need the rest:
    >
    > {font-weight: bold !important;
    > color: darkblue !important; }
    >
    > Can someone help me out with the rest?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Grant

    Those are GIF or PNG images provided by the theme.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  3. Re: little dotted gray lines

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    > 9/11/2007 3:34 PM ...
    >> In the Accounts pane, there are these little gray dotted lines that
    >> goes from the account name to the inbox, sent, drafts, etc.
    >>
    >> Also, in the thread/headers pane, there are these little gray dotted
    >> lines that goes from each message within a thread.
    >>
    >> What I want to do is make them bolder and maybe a different color, but
    >> I don't know what scripting I need. I've looked in the DOMI but I
    >> can't find those little dotted lines. Either that or I'm looking in
    >> the wrong area or at the wrong thing.
    >>
    >> I've got some of the script, but I need the rest:
    >>
    >> {font-weight: bold !important;
    >> color: darkblue !important; }
    >>
    >> Can someone help me out with the rest?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Grant
    >>

    > Those are GIF or PNG images provided by the theme.

    I don't think its theme related because its the same in all
    the themes I've tried, even default -- little gray dotted
    lines. If it is theme related, then whats the gif/png file
    would I be looking for

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: little dotted gray lines

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    >> 9/11/2007 3:34 PM ...
    >>> In the Accounts pane, there are these little gray dotted lines that
    >>> goes from the account name to the inbox, sent, drafts, etc.
    >>>
    >>> Also, in the thread/headers pane, there are these little gray dotted
    >>> lines that goes from each message within a thread.
    >>>
    >>> What I want to do is make them bolder and maybe a different color, but
    >>> I don't know what scripting I need. I've looked in the DOMI but I
    >>> can't find those little dotted lines. Either that or I'm looking in
    >>> the wrong area or at the wrong thing.
    >>>
    >>> I've got some of the script, but I need the rest:
    >>>
    >>> {font-weight: bold !important;
    >>> color: darkblue !important; }
    >>>
    >>> Can someone help me out with the rest?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Grant
    >>>

    >> Those are GIF or PNG images provided by the theme.
    >>

    > I don't think its theme related because its the same in all
    > the themes I've tried, even default -- little gray dotted
    > lines. If it is theme related, then whats the gif/png file
    > would I be looking for

    I went through every gif and png file for the themes and I
    didn't find anything there.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: little dotted gray lines

    Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    9/11/2007 7:54 PM ...
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    >>> 9/11/2007 3:34 PM ...

    >>> Those are GIF or PNG images provided by the theme.
    >>>

    >> I don't think its theme related because its the same in all the
    >> themes I've tried, even default -- little gray dotted lines. If it
    >> is theme related, then whats the gif/png file would I be looking for
    >>

    > I went through every gif and png file for the themes and I didn't find
    > anything there.

    No claim that this is on target. I dug it out of the Sky Pilot theme
    Jar from the Tree.css file. So may be the lines are generated by the XUL
    and could be styled if the right javascript selectors are identified.

    /* ::::: lines connecting cells ::::: */

    tree[selstyle="primary"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    tree[seltype="text"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    treechildren::-moz-tree-line {
    border: 1px dotted #000000;
    }

    tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line(active, selected,
    focus),
    treechildren::-moz-tree-line(selected, focus) {
    border: 1px dotted #FFFFFF;
    }

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  6. Re: little dotted gray lines

    On 12.09.2007 02:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron K. to
    generate the following:? :
    > Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    > 9/11/2007 7:54 PM ...
    >
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> I don't think its theme related because its the same in all the
    >>> themes I've tried, even default -- little gray dotted lines. If it
    >>> is theme related, then whats the gif/png file would I be looking for
    >>>

    >> I went through every gif and png file for the themes and I didn't find
    >> anything there.
    >>

    > No claim that this is on target. I dug it out of the Sky Pilot theme
    > Jar from the Tree.css file. So may be the lines are generated by the XUL
    > and could be styled if the right javascript selectors are identified.
    >
    > /* ::::: lines connecting cells ::::: */
    >
    > tree[selstyle="primary"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    > tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    > tree[seltype="text"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    > treechildren::-moz-tree-line {
    > border: 1px dotted #000000;
    > }
    >
    > tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line(active, selected,
    > focus),
    > treechildren::-moz-tree-line(selected, focus) {
    > border: 1px dotted #FFFFFF;
    > }

    well, Peter.... havind read what Ron put up there, I *looked* and
    actually *saw* what it is that you are on about (sorry, my "thick" week)
    1) that is commonly known as the "Folder Panel"
    2) Those "lines" represent what Windose People call the Tree.

    I am illuminated!

    reg

    ps - try border: 2px dotted #FFFFFF;

    or - border: 1px #FFFFFF; (should make it an unbroken line ???)

    Also try a different colour code from here...
    http://www.december.com/html/spec/color1.html (scroll down a bit, to
    see the palette)

  7. Re: little dotted gray lines PS

    On 12.09.2007 10:37, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused squaredancer
    to generate the following:? :
    > On 12.09.2007 02:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron K. to
    > generate the following:? :
    >
    >> Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date

    >>> I went through every gif and png file for the themes and I didn't find
    >>> anything there.
    >>>

    >> No claim that this is on target. I dug it out of the Sky Pilot theme
    >> Jar from the Tree.css file. So may be the lines are generated by the XUL
    >> and could be styled if the right javascript selectors are identified.
    >>
    >> /* ::::: lines connecting cells ::::: */
    >>
    >> tree[selstyle="primary"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >> tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >> tree[seltype="text"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >> treechildren::-moz-tree-line {
    >> border: 1px dotted #000000;
    >> }
    >>
    >> tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line(active, selected,
    >> focus),
    >> treechildren::-moz-tree-line(selected, focus) {
    >> border: 1px dotted #FFFFFF;
    >> }
    >>

    > well, Peter.... havind read what Ron put up there, I *looked* and
    > actually *saw* what it is that you are on about (sorry, my "thick" week)
    > 1) that is commonly known as the "Folder Panel"
    > 2) Those "lines" represent what Windose People call the Tree.
    >
    > I am illuminated!
    >
    > reg
    >
    > ps - try border: 2px dotted #FFFFFF;
    >
    > or - border: 1px #FFFFFF; (should make it an unbroken line ???)
    >
    > Also try a different colour code from here...
    > http://www.december.com/html/spec/color1.html (scroll down a bit, to
    > see the palette)

    nah! can't be #FFFFFF - as that is pure white.... must be the line
    with border: 1px dotted #000000; that is where you need to adjust!

    reg

  8. Re: little dotted gray lines PS

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 12.09.2007 10:37, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused squaredancer
    > to generate the following:? :
    >> On 12.09.2007 02:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron K. to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    >>> 9/11/2007 7:54 PM ...

    >>> No claim that this is on target. I dug it out of the Sky Pilot theme
    >>> Jar from the Tree.css file. So may be the lines are generated by the XUL
    >>> and could be styled if the right javascript selectors are identified.
    >>>
    >>> /* ::::: lines connecting cells ::::: */
    >>>
    >>> tree[selstyle="primary"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >>> tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >>> tree[seltype="text"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >>> treechildren::-moz-tree-line {
    >>> border: 1px dotted #000000;
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>> tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line(active, selected,
    >>> focus),
    >>> treechildren::-moz-tree-line(selected, focus) {
    >>> border: 1px dotted #FFFFFF;
    >>> }
    >>>

    >> well, Peter.... havind read what Ron put up there, I *looked* and
    >> actually *saw* what it is that you are on about (sorry, my "thick" week)
    >> 1) that is commonly known as the "Folder Panel"
    >> 2) Those "lines" represent what Windose People call the Tree.
    >>
    >> I am illuminated!
    >>
    >> reg
    >>
    >> ps - try border: 2px dotted #FFFFFF;
    >>
    >> or - border: 1px #FFFFFF; (should make it an unbroken line ???)
    >>
    >> Also try a different colour code from here...
    >> http://www.december.com/html/spec/color1.html (scroll down a bit, to
    >> see the palette)
    >>

    > nah! can't be #FFFFFF - as that is pure white.... must be the line
    > with border: 1px dotted #000000; that is where you need to adjust!
    >
    > reg

    I changed them to 2px solid and red. Now I've got all these
    heavy solid red lines everywhere. Yikes, I better thinker
    things a little more.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: little dotted gray lines

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    > 9/11/2007 7:54 PM ...
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> I don't think its theme related because its the same in all the
    >>> themes I've tried, even default -- little gray dotted lines. If it
    >>> is theme related, then whats the gif/png file would I be looking for
    >>>

    >> I went through every gif and png file for the themes and I didn't find
    >> anything there.
    >>

    > No claim that this is on target. I dug it out of the Sky Pilot theme
    > Jar from the Tree.css file. So may be the lines are generated by the XUL
    > and could be styled if the right javascript selectors are identified.
    >
    > /* ::::: lines connecting cells ::::: */
    >
    > tree[selstyle="primary"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    > tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    > tree[seltype="text"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    > treechildren::-moz-tree-line {
    > border: 1px dotted #000000;
    > }
    >
    > tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line(active, selected,
    > focus),
    > treechildren::-moz-tree-line(selected, focus) {
    > border: 1px dotted #FFFFFF;
    > }

    I found the tree.css file and compared skypilot with
    toyfactory [the one I use] and they're about the same,
    except for the colors.

    Anyways, I copied what you have listed above, but nothing
    happened. I don't know where you got all those extra
    wordings from . . . but . . . , oh well, it didn't work.

    Instead, what I did was edited tree.css itself, and that worked.

    Thanks for the hint.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  10. Re: little dotted gray lines

    Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date
    9/12/2007 6:17 AM ...
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> Thunderbird Leader Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo teletyped on date

    >>> I went through every gif and png file for the themes and I didn't
    >>> find anything there.
    >>>

    >> No claim that this is on target. I dug it out of the Sky Pilot theme
    >> Jar from the Tree.css file. So may be the lines are generated by the
    >> XUL and could be styled if the right javascript selectors are
    >> identified.
    >>
    >> /* ::::: lines connecting cells ::::: */
    >>
    >> tree[selstyle="primary"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >> tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >> tree[seltype="text"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line,
    >> treechildren::-moz-tree-line {
    >> border: 1px dotted #000000;
    >> }
    >>
    >> tree[seltype="cell"] > treechildren::-moz-tree-line(active, selected,
    >> focus),
    >> treechildren::-moz-tree-line(selected, focus) {
    >> border: 1px dotted #FFFFFF;
    >> }
    >>

    > I found the tree.css file and compared skypilot with toyfactory [the
    > one I use] and they're about the same, except for the colors.
    >
    > Anyways, I copied what you have listed above, but nothing happened. I
    > don't know where you got all those extra wordings from . . . but . . .
    > , oh well, it didn't work.
    >
    > Instead, what I did was edited tree.css itself, and that worked.
    >
    > Thanks for the hint.

    This is one time I am glad some one else spent the time testing a theme
    tweak. Like I said, I dug that cut and paste right out of the theme.
    Only difference between SPC and TF is SPC skins every thing from the old
    Moz suite to Sunbird, including Netscape and Chatzilla.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

+ Reply to Thread