filter to download message body if sender in my address book - Mozilla

This is a discussion on filter to download message body if sender in my address book - Mozilla ; Hi, Am using Eudora 8.0.0b1 which is based on Tbird. Currently I have download message headers "on". I weed out and delete the junk messages, then manually highlight the remaining message headers in the Inbox and download the rest of ...

  1. filter to download message body if sender in my address book

    Hi,
    Am using Eudora 8.0.0b1 which is based on Tbird. Currently I have
    download message headers "on". I weed out and delete the junk
    messages, then manually highlight the remaining message headers in the
    Inbox and download the rest of the message body and any attachments.

    I tried to automate with a filter

    If FROM IS IN MY ADDRESS BOOK then perform these actions FETCH
    FROM POP SERVER

    However, it's not having the desired effect, actually, it's having the
    opposite effect, it's stopping any email headers from being downloaded
    it seems if the sender is in my address book. I must have a double
    negative in the logic somewhere. And the filter is not downloading the
    rest of the message body if the sender is in my address book (personal
    address and collected address book).

    I have a hunch the FETCH FROM POP SERVER only checks for new messages,
    not download those which have been downloaded already (even though
    only as headers).

    But anyways, any tips on this workflow:
    - download message headers only (automatically)
    - download message bodies if sender is in my address book
    (automatically)
    - I manually deal with the messages that remain after the TB junk
    filter does its job.

    thanks,
    -Tony

  2. Re: filter to download message body if sender in my address book

    On 9/10/2007 2:53 PM, Tony wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Am using Eudora 8.0.0b1 which is based on Tbird. Currently I have
    > download message headers "on". I weed out and delete the junk
    > messages, then manually highlight the remaining message headers in the
    > Inbox and download the rest of the message body and any attachments.
    >
    > I tried to automate with a filter
    >
    > If FROM IS IN MY ADDRESS BOOK then perform these actions FETCH
    > FROM POP SERVER
    >
    > However, it's not having the desired effect, actually, it's having the
    > opposite effect, it's stopping any email headers from being downloaded
    > it seems if the sender is in my address book. I must have a double
    > negative in the logic somewhere. And the filter is not downloading the
    > rest of the message body if the sender is in my address book (personal
    > address and collected address book).
    >
    > I have a hunch the FETCH FROM POP SERVER only checks for new messages,
    > not download those which have been downloaded already (even though
    > only as headers).
    >
    > But anyways, any tips on this workflow:
    > - download message headers only (automatically)
    > - download message bodies if sender is in my address book
    > (automatically)
    > - I manually deal with the messages that remain after the TB junk
    > filter does its job.
    >
    > thanks,
    > -Tony

    Looks like you have "Match all of the following" checked rather than
    "Match any of the following".

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: filter to download message body if sender in my address book

    Hi,
    Thanks for the response, I checked and I have "match any of the
    following" checked.

    Maybe "fetch from pop server" doesn't do what I think it does which is
    download the rest of the message body, instead it just checks for new
    mail?

    -Tony

    On Sep 10, 5:06 pm, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > Looks like you have "Match all of the following" checked rather than
    > "Match any of the following".
    >
    > --
    > Irwin
    >
    > Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
    >
    > Knowledge Base:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

  4. Re: filter to download message body if sender in my address book

    On 9/11/2007 Tony wrote:
    > Hi, Thanks for the response, I checked and I have "match any of the
    > following" checked. Maybe "fetch from pop server" doesn't do what I
    > think it does which is download the rest of the message body, instead
    > it just checks for new mail? -Tony

    Could be; I'm not sure.

    Please bottom post in newsgroups on this server(i.e., place your reply
    below the quoted text).

    --
    Irwin