Content-Transfer-Encoding - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Content-Transfer-Encoding - Mozilla ; I have noticed that I am getting the following "content-transfer-encoding" followed by "8bit" in some of my headers? What is this? Can it be removed if it isn't required to be there?...

  1. Content-Transfer-Encoding

    I have noticed that I am getting the following
    "content-transfer-encoding" followed by "8bit" in some of my headers?
    What is this? Can it be removed if it isn't required to be there?

  2. Re: Content-Transfer-Encoding

    "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME#Content-Transfer-Encoding"

    > Can it be removed if it isn't required to be there?

    No , Thunderbird needs that header also to understand content of message
    properly.
    If you don't want to see that header in message header pane , goto
    View > Headers : (select) Normal

  3. Re: Content-Transfer-Encoding

    On Sep 9, 7:47 pm, Aaron wrote:
    > I have noticed that I am getting the following
    > "content-transfer-encoding" followed by "8bit" in some of my headers?
    > What is this? Can it be removed if it isn't required to be there?

    Did you have Enigmail extension installed?
    Try remove 'content-transfer-encoding' from
    'mailnews.headers.extraExpandedHeaders' in about:config.

+ Reply to Thread