thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on thunderbird - Mozilla ; I am trying to try T. bird as my mail server. I have it installed and have the correct pop etc. settings. Iam prompted to enter my password. I get the message my password won't log in. I have talked ...

  1. thunderbird

    I am trying to try T. bird as my mail server.
    I have it installed and have the correct pop etc. settings.
    Iam prompted to enter my password. I get the message my password won't log
    in.
    I have talked with Rogers people. They are very helpful and tell me T.bird
    isn't liscenced with them but I should be able to get it to work. What can I
    do?

  2. Re: thunderbird

    On 09.09.2007 12:25 »R. Oxley« wrote
    > I am trying to try T. bird as my mail server.
    > I have it installed and have the correct pop etc. settings.
    > Iam prompted to enter my password. I get the message my password won't
    > log in.
    > I have talked with Rogers people. They are very helpful and tell me
    > T.bird isn't liscenced with them but I should be able to get it to work.
    > What can I do?

    UPS, this is a FX forum! The TB forum is right around the corner:
    mozilla.support.thunderbird

  3. Re: thunderbird

    R. Oxley wrote:
    > I am trying to try T. bird as my mail server. I have it installed and
    > have the correct pop etc. settings. Iam prompted to enter my
    > password. I get the message my password won't log in. I have talked
    > with Rogers people. They are very helpful and tell me T.bird isn't
    > liscenced with them but I should be able to get it to work. What can
    > I do?

    Goto Tools>Account Settings>your Rogers account > Server settings.
    In 'username' field , type your full mail id like
    member@nl.rogers.com
    member@rogers.com

    BTW , take a look at this page , although it is written for Netscape
    Mail user but you will find much similarity with Thunderbird settings.

  4. Re: thunderbird

    R. Oxley wrote:
    > I am trying to try T. bird as my mail server. I have it installed and
    > have the correct pop etc. settings. Iam prompted to enter my
    > password. I get the message my password won't log in. I have talked
    > with Rogers people. They are very helpful and tell me T.bird isn't
    > liscenced with them but I should be able to get it to work. What can
    > I do?

    Goto Tools>Account Settings>your Rogers account > Server settings.
    In 'username' field , type your full mail id like
    member@nl.rogers.com
    member@rogers.com

    BTW , take a look at this page , although it is written for Netscape
    Mail user but you will find much similarity with Thunderbird settings.

  5. Re: thunderbird

    R. Oxley wrote:
    > I am trying to try T. bird as my mail server.

    Let's back up to The Beginning: TB is a client, not a server.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  6. Re: thunderbird

    R. Oxley wrote:
    > I am trying to try T. bird as my mail server.

    Let's back up to The Beginning: TB is a client, not a server.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project:

  7. Re: thunderbird

    Nir wrote:

    > BTW , take a look at this page , although it is written for Netscape
    > Mail user but you will find much similarity with Thunderbird settings.

    "http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/rogers/mail/pop/pop-16.html"

  8. Re: thunderbird

    Nir wrote:

    > BTW , take a look at this page , although it is written for Netscape
    > Mail user but you will find much similarity with Thunderbird settings.

    "http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/rogers/mail/pop/pop-16.html"

  9. Re: thunderbird

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:28:59 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    wrote:

    >Let's back up to The Beginning: TB is a client, not a server.

    OK, Blinky, so what exactly is a "client" in computer-speak? This
    probably has to do with the fact that in my first language (Polish),
    the word "client" means "customer" (like the customer is always
    right).

    But I've never understood this word in IT. Is it a bunch of computers
    lining up behind the counter to get their sugar rations, or what?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Best regards,

    Magda

  10. Re: thunderbird

    Magdalena Plewinska wrote:
    > On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:28:59 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    > wrote:
    >> Let's back up to The Beginning: TB is a client, not a server.

    > OK, Blinky, so what exactly is a "client" in computer-speak? This

    It's what you have; it's what TB is; it's what gets/sends mail/news
    from/to a server.

    > probably has to do with the fact that in my first language (Polish),
    > the word "client" means "customer" (like the customer is always
    > right).

    That's the same as English. Your mail/news/web client is a "customer"
    of the server at mozilla.org or wherever. The server at mozilla.org or
    wherever serves your client, the customer, with mail/news/whatever (and
    accepts yours in return).

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project:

  11. Re: thunderbird

    Magdalena Plewinska wrote:
    > On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:28:59 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    > wrote:
    >> Let's back up to The Beginning: TB is a client, not a server.

    > OK, Blinky, so what exactly is a "client" in computer-speak? This
    > probably has to do with the fact that in my first language (Polish),
    > the word "client" means "customer" (like the customer is always
    > right).

    Google is your friend!

    This is just one of the many hits I got on my search:
    http://searchnetworking.techtarget.c...211796,00.html

    --

    Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes

    You always have freedom of choice, but you never have freedom of
    consequence.

+ Reply to Thread