regular expresion extention why not in thunderbird?? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on regular expresion extention why not in thunderbird?? - Mozilla ; ok, why does TB not have regular epression for the mail filters??...

  1. regular expresion extention why not in thunderbird??

    ok, why does TB not have regular epression for the mail filters??

  2. Re: regular expresion extention why not in thunderbird??

    spatieman wrote:
    > ok, why does TB not have regular epression for the mail filters??

    Same reason that with newsgroups it can only filter on three headers?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  3. Re: regular expresion extention why not in thunderbird??

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > spatieman wrote:
    >> ok, why does TB not have regular epression for the mail filters??

    > Same reason that with newsgroups it can only filter on three headers?

    huhuh

  4. Re: regular expresion extention why not in thunderbird??

    Thunderbird Leader spatieman teletyped on date 9/9/2007 11:03 AM ...
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> spatieman wrote:
    >>> ok, why does TB not have regular epression for the mail filters??

    >> Same reason that with newsgroups it can only filter on three
    >> headers?
    >>

    > huhuh

    The Bugs for filters in News are 8 and 9 years old. Last month a
    volunteer began trying to create some enhancments for news filtering.
    The word I got in reply to a request that the Tb 2 branch receive this
    new work was, No, wait for Tb 3. That means 6 to 12 months longer for an
    End User release with better filters.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  5. Re: regular expresion extention why not in thunderbird??

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Thunderbird Leader spatieman teletyped on date 9/9/2007 11:03 AM ...
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Same reason that with newsgroups it can only filter on three
    >>> headers?
    >>>

    >> huhuh

    > The Bugs for filters in News are 8 and 9 years old. Last month a
    > volunteer began trying to create some enhancments for news filtering.
    > The word I got in reply to a request that the Tb 2 branch receive this
    > new work was, No, wait for Tb 3. That means 6 to 12 months longer for an
    > End User release with better filters.

    That would be nice.
    the current options for creating rules are ok.
    but with the regular expresions would ik be owsom
    i must use now mailwasher for filtering spam out.

+ Reply to Thread