Default "From" account when replying - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Default "From" account when replying - Mozilla ; Hi I have 2 accounts set up in Thunderbird - 1 is a catchall for various email address at my domain, the other is my named account: "warren@...". I've set up the "warren@" account as the default in Tools > ...

  1. Default "From" account when replying

    Hi

    I have 2 accounts set up in Thunderbird - 1 is a catchall for various
    email address at my domain, the other is my named account:
    "warren@...".

    I've set up the "warren@" account as the default in Tools > Accountand
    when I create a new message the behaviour is as I expect, i.e. in the
    "From" dropdown, the warren@ address is selected by default.

    However, if I reply to any emails, the default "from" is my catchall
    account.

    How do I fix it so my warren@ account is the default for replies?

    Thanks
    Warren

  2. Re: Default "From" account when replying

    On Aug 30, 6:37 am, warren...@googlemail.com wrote:
    > How do I fix it so my warren@ account is the default for replies?

    I use an extension for that: Folder Account (https://
    addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2874).

    Egí*dio
    Mac dual 2 GHz G5, 1.5 GB RAM, OS X (10.4.10) and a couple of Intel
    Macs

  3. Re: Default "From" account when replying

    On 30 Aug, 14:11, Egídio Leitão wrote:
    > On Aug 30, 6:37 am, warren...@googlemail.com wrote:
    >
    > > How do I fix it so my warren@ account is the default for replies?

    > I use an extension for that: Folder Account (https://
    > addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2874).
    >
    > Egí*dio
    > Mac dual 2 GHz G5, 1.5 GB RAM, OS X (10.4.10) and a couple of Intel
    > Macs

    Thanks Egí*dio

    I actually "fixed" the problem by just putting my warren@ email
    address in the identity section of the Catchall account settings.
    Interesting extension though...

+ Reply to Thread