Moving from outllook to thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Moving from outllook to thunderbird - Mozilla ; In our organization we have decided to leave Outlook for Thunderbird and users meet a few diificulties due to their use of outlook. a) User saved their e-mails in their OS file system and we now meet the problem of ...

  1. Moving from outllook to thunderbird

    In our organization we have decided to leave Outlook for Thunderbird
    and users meet a few diificulties due to their use of outlook.

    a) User saved their e-mails in their OS file system and we now meet
    the problem of converting .msg files into .eml files so that they
    don't loose their old e-mails. I think that thunderbird should give
    some help in reading those format

    b) Users are used to modify the emails they have received (making
    annotations, ..) as they do when they receive a letter through the
    post office. "Modify as a new message" can't replace this and some of
    our users get nasty.

  2. Re: Moving from outllook to thunderbird

    robert.rannou@enst-bretagne.fr wrote thus:

    > b) Users are used to modify the emails they have received (making
    > annotations, ..) as they do when they receive a letter through the
    > post office. "Modify as a new message" can't replace this and some of
    > our users get nasty.

    Highlight the message, select 'Message' from the tool bar then 'Edit
    message as new' or highlight the message and click ctrl+e

    --
    Steve

    There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned
    by cats.
    - Anonymous

  3. Re: Moving from outllook to thunderbird

    Steve wrote thus:
    > robert.rannou@enst-bretagne.fr wrote thus:

    >> b) Users are used to modify the emails they have received (making
    >> annotations, ..) as they do when they receive a letter through the
    >> post office. "Modify as a new message" can't replace this and some of
    >> our users get nasty.

    > Highlight the message, select 'Message' from the tool bar then 'Edit
    > message as new' or highlight the message and click ctrl+e

    Oops! re read your question and saw the "Modify as a new message" can't
    replace this and some of
    our users get nasty. Quote

    --
    Steve