ASCII file attachment - Mozilla

This is a discussion on ASCII file attachment - Mozilla ; When I attach an ASCII text file to a message, I see that the entire contents of the file are added to the message body. Is there some way to stop this? I want it as an attachment only!...

  1. ASCII file attachment

    When I attach an ASCII text file to a message, I see that the entire
    contents of the file are added to the message body. Is there some way to
    stop this? I want it as an attachment only!

  2. Re: ASCII file attachment

    Ken Krupa wrote:
    > When I attach an ASCII text file to a message, I see that the entire
    > contents of the file are added to the message body. Is there some way to
    > stop this? I want it as an attachment only!

    Click on View and uncheck Display Attachments in Line.

  3. Re: ASCII file attachment

    Ken Krupa wrote:
    > When I attach an ASCII text file to a message, I see that the entire
    > contents of the file are added to the message body. Is there some
    > way to stop this? I want it as an attachment only!

    This should solve this problem
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Send_attachments_as_real_attachments"

  4. Re: ASCII file attachment

    Joe Brown wrote:
    > Ken Krupa wrote:
    >> When I attach an ASCII text file to a message, I see that the entire
    >> contents of the file are added to the message body. Is there some way
    >> to stop this? I want it as an attachment only!

    > Click on View and uncheck Display Attachments in Line.

    Not quite what I was looking for, but Nir had the answer. And your
    answer also solves a problem that I haven't had yet but would have. So,
    thank you also Joe.

+ Reply to Thread