Error with POP3 and SMTP servers? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Error with POP3 and SMTP servers? - Mozilla ; When I try to retrieve mail, I get the error message: 'an error occurred with the POP3 mail server," and "mail.dreamingthedragon.net responded:" Before, I had tried to reply to a message and was given the error "SMTP failed" or some ...

  1. Error with POP3 and SMTP servers?

    When I try to retrieve mail, I get the error message: 'an error
    occurred with the POP3 mail server," and "mail.dreamingthedragon.net
    responded:" Before, I had tried to reply to a message and was given
    the error "SMTP failed" or some such. Are my configs wrong? I can't
    seem to get it configured right, no matter what I try.

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

  2. Re: Error with POP3 and SMTP servers?

    On Aug 29, 1:07 am, boudiccathe...@gmail.com wrote:
    > When I try to retrieve mail, I get the error message: 'an error
    > occurred with the POP3 mail server," and "mail.dreamingthedragon.net
    > responded:" Before, I had tried to reply to a message and was given
    > the error "SMTP failed" or some such. Are my configs wrong? I can't
    > seem to get it configured right, no matter what I try.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

    Ahem. Fixed my own problem, I think. I went back and knocked out all
    the accounts that had set up (import from Outlook, etc.) when I was
    trying to retrieve mail, and set up the single one I plan to use.
    They aren't kidding when they say that multiple accounts will cause
    troubles.

+ Reply to Thread