TB New Mail Tray Icon. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB New Mail Tray Icon. - Mozilla ; Is this available in TB as it is in outlook? Dave....

  1. TB New Mail Tray Icon.

    Is this available in TB as it is in outlook?

    Dave.

  2. Re: TB New Mail Tray Icon.

    dathome wrote:
    > Is this available in TB as it is in outlook?

    you can try the minimize to tray extension:

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: TB New Mail Tray Icon.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > dathome wrote:
    >> Is this available in TB as it is in outlook?

    > you can try the minimize to tray extension:
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2110

    Oh, ignore it. Not what you wanted.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: TB New Mail Tray Icon.

    "dathome" wrote in message
    news:B9CdnYOPb6ogq0nbnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Is this available in TB as it is in outlook?
    >
    > Dave.

    Just checked this and there is an icon but it stays hidden, so can it be
    changed to be unhidden?

  5. Re: TB New Mail Tray Icon.

    dathome wrote:
    > "dathome" wrote in message
    > news:B9CdnYOPb6ogq0nbnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Is this available in TB as it is in outlook?
    >>
    >> Dave.
    >>

    > Just checked this and there is an icon but it stays hidden, so can it
    > be changed to be unhidden?

    This may be helpful "http://www.xp-tips.com/hide-system-tray.html"

  6. Re: TB New Mail Tray Icon.

    "Nir" wrote in message
    news:yNGdnSm6gOkl_UnbnZ2dnUVZ_rrinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > dathome wrote:
    >> "dathome" wrote in message
    >> news:B9CdnYOPb6ogq0nbnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>> Is this available in TB as it is in outlook?
    >>>
    >>> Dave.
    >>>

    >> Just checked this and there is an icon but it stays hidden, so can it
    >> be changed to be unhidden?
    >>

    > This may be helpful "http://www.xp-tips.com/hide-system-tray.html"

    That's not really the solution, I want my inactive icons to be hidden, but a
    new mail icon should be active and therefore not hidden.

  7. Re: TB New Mail Tray Icon.

    dathome wrote:
    > "Nir" wrote in message
    > news:yNGdnSm6gOkl_UnbnZ2dnUVZ_rrinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> dathome wrote:
    >>> "dathome" wrote in message
    >>> news:B9CdnYOPb6ogq0nbnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> Just checked this and there is an icon but it stays hidden, so can it
    >>> be changed to be unhidden?
    >>>

    >> This may be helpful "http://www.xp-tips.com/hide-system-tray.html"

    > That's not really the solution, I want my inactive icons to be hidden, but a
    > new mail icon should be active and therefore not hidden.

    Right-click the taskbar -> Properties -> Customize...

    Select the relevant icon and change to "always show"

  8. Re: TB New Mail Tray Icon.

    "Joshua Cranmer" wrote in message
    news:3KudnXDTlINpLUnbnZ2dnUVZ_vjinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > dathome wrote:
    >> "Nir" wrote in message
    >> news:yNGdnSm6gOkl_UnbnZ2dnUVZ_rrinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> This may be helpful "http://www.xp-tips.com/hide-system-tray.html"

    >> That's not really the solution, I want my inactive icons to be hidden,
    >> but a new mail icon should be active and therefore not hidden.

    > Right-click the taskbar -> Properties -> Customize...
    >
    > Select the relevant icon and change to "always show"

    Thanks Joshua, works perfectly now, obvious when you know how!

    Dave.

+ Reply to Thread