Re-Order News/Mail Accounts? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re-Order News/Mail Accounts? - Mozilla ; I have 2 POP mail accounts and 3 newsgroup servers set up in Thunderbird. Ordinarily, I have the 2 POP mail accounts listed first, and then the 3 newsgroup servers next. Today, I noticed that one of the newsgroup servers ...

  1. Re-Order News/Mail Accounts?

    I have 2 POP mail accounts and 3 newsgroup servers set up in
    Thunderbird. Ordinarily, I have the 2 POP mail accounts listed first,
    and then the 3 newsgroup servers next.

    Today, I noticed that one of the newsgroup servers now appears first,
    followed by the 2 POP mail accounts, and then 2 more newsgroup servers.

    How do I re-arrange these accounts to the order I want?

    Thanks

    --
    Paige Miller
    pmiller5@rochester.rr.com

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

  2. Re: Re-Order News/Mail Accounts?

    Paige Miller wrote:
    > I have 2 POP mail accounts and 3 newsgroup servers set up in
    > Thunderbird. Ordinarily, I have the 2 POP mail accounts listed first,
    > and then the 3 newsgroup servers next.
    >
    > Today, I noticed that one of the newsgroup servers now appears first,
    > followed by the 2 POP mail accounts, and then 2 more newsgroup servers.
    >
    > How do I re-arrange these accounts to the order I want?
    >
    > Thanks

    The FolderPane extension works for me:
    http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php

  3. Re: Re-Order News/Mail Accounts?

    On 8/27/2007 7:39 PM, Jerry wrote:
    > Paige Miller wrote:
    >> I have 2 POP mail accounts and 3 newsgroup servers set up in
    >> Thunderbird. Ordinarily, I have the 2 POP mail accounts listed first,
    >> and then the 3 newsgroup servers next.
    >>
    >> Today, I noticed that one of the newsgroup servers now appears first,
    >> followed by the 2 POP mail accounts, and then 2 more newsgroup servers.
    >>
    >> How do I re-arrange these accounts to the order I want?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > The FolderPane extension works for me:
    > http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php

    That was easy. It works for me too! Thanks!

    --
    Paige Miller
    pmiller5@rochester.rr.com

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

  4. Re: Re-Order News/Mail Accounts?

    Paige Miller wrote:
    > On 8/27/2007 7:39 PM, Jerry wrote:
    >> Paige Miller wrote:
    >>> I have 2 POP mail accounts and 3 newsgroup servers set up in
    >>> Thunderbird. Ordinarily, I have the 2 POP mail accounts listed first,
    >>> and then the 3 newsgroup servers next.
    >>>
    >>> Today, I noticed that one of the newsgroup servers now appears first,
    >>> followed by the 2 POP mail accounts, and then 2 more newsgroup servers.
    >>>
    >>> How do I re-arrange these accounts to the order I want?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> The FolderPane extension works for me:
    >> http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php

    > That was easy. It works for me too! Thanks!

    Is there any way to change the order in which subscriptions are listed
    in a news account?

  5. Re: Re-Order News/Mail Accounts?

    On 8/28/2007 1:18 PM On a whim, EE pounded out on the keyboard

    > Paige Miller wrote:

    >>> The FolderPane extension works for me:
    >>> http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php

    >> That was easy. It works for me too! Thanks!
    >>

    > Is there any way to change the order in which subscriptions are listed
    > in a news account?

    By editing the .rc file in the News folder.

    --
    Terry R.

  6. Re: Re-Order News/Mail Accounts?

    Jerry wrote:
    > Paige Miller wrote:
    >
    >> I have 2 POP mail accounts and 3 newsgroup servers set up in
    >> Thunderbird. Ordinarily, I have the 2 POP mail accounts listed first,
    >> and then the 3 newsgroup servers next.
    >>
    >> Today, I noticed that one of the newsgroup servers now appears first,
    >> followed by the 2 POP mail accounts, and then 2 more newsgroup servers.
    >>
    >> How do I re-arrange these accounts to the order I want?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > The FolderPane extension works for me:
    > http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php

    Just what I was looking for, too - I had just posted the same question.
    Thanks!

    Whil

+ Reply to Thread