bookmarks toolbar empty - Mozilla

This is a discussion on bookmarks toolbar empty - Mozilla ; Since my upgrade to V2 my bookmarks toolbar stays empty. The bookmarks from the toolbar still can be accessed via the menu or via the sidebar. that has been going on for weeks now. I want the toolbar back... On ...

  1. bookmarks toolbar empty

    Since my upgrade to V2 my bookmarks toolbar stays empty. The
    bookmarks from the toolbar still can be accessed via the menu or via
    the sidebar. that has been going on for weeks now.
    I want the toolbar back...

    On the laptop I have the same set-up, but there the toolbar still
    fiercely displays the tabs with my most beloved bookmarks.

    ???

    --
    Loek

  2. Re: bookmarks toolbar empty

    Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    > Since my upgrade to V2 my bookmarks toolbar stays empty. The bookmarks
    > from the toolbar still can be accessed via the menu or via the sidebar.
    > that has been going on for weeks now.
    > I want the toolbar back...
    >
    > On the laptop I have the same set-up, but there the toolbar still
    > fiercely displays the tabs with my most beloved bookmarks.
    >
    > ???

    See "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    Please post your firefox related query only in firefox newsgroup

    --
    Crossposted and followup to 'mozilla.support.firefox' .

  3. Re: bookmarks toolbar empty

    Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    > Since my upgrade to V2 my bookmarks toolbar stays empty. The bookmarks
    > from the toolbar still can be accessed via the menu or via the sidebar.
    > that has been going on for weeks now.
    > I want the toolbar back...
    >
    > On the laptop I have the same set-up, but there the toolbar still
    > fiercely displays the tabs with my most beloved bookmarks.
    >
    > ???

    See "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    Please post your firefox related query only in firefox newsgroup

    --
    Crossposted and followup to 'mozilla.support.firefox' .

  4. Re: bookmarks toolbar empty

    Nir schreef:
    > Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    >> Since my upgrade to V2 my bookmarks toolbar stays empty. The bookmarks
    >> from the toolbar still can be accessed via the menu or via the
    >> sidebar. that has been going on for weeks now.
    >> I want the toolbar back...
    >>
    >> On the laptop I have the same set-up, but there the toolbar still
    >> fiercely displays the tabs with my most beloved bookmarks.
    >>
    >> ???
    >>

    > See "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    As stated above, I have NOT lost any bookmark: I still can access
    them from the menu or from the side bar.
    But my toolbar with the most often used bookmarks does not display
    them. The bar is empty.

    > Please post your firefox related query only in firefox newsgroup

    Thanks for corrcting the newsgroup...

    --
    Loek

  5. Re: bookmarks toolbar empty

    Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    > Nir schreef:
    >> Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    >>> Since my upgrade to V2 my bookmarks toolbar stays empty. The bookmarks
    >>> from the toolbar still can be accessed via the menu or via the
    >>> sidebar. that has been going on for weeks now.
    >>> I want the toolbar back...
    >>>
    >>> On the laptop I have the same set-up, but there the toolbar still
    >>> fiercely displays the tabs with my most beloved bookmarks.
    >>>
    >>> ???
    >>>

    >> See "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    > As stated above, I have NOT lost any bookmark: I still can access
    > them from the menu or from the side bar.
    > But my toolbar with the most often used bookmarks does not display
    > them. The bar is empty.

    Under View -> Toolbars, do you have 'Bookmarks Toolbar' selected?

    If you open the Bookmarks Manager, by going to Bookmarks -> Organize
    Bookmarks, do you see a folder with the name Bookmarks Toolbar Folder?
    Are there any bookmarks in it?

    --
    Alex K.

  6. Re: bookmarks toolbar empty

    Alex K. schreef:
    > Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    >> Nir schreef:

    Original problem descriprtion

    that has been going on for weeks now.

    >>> See "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    >> As stated above, I have NOT lost any bookmark: I still can access
    >> them from the menu or from the side bar.
    >> But my toolbar with the most often used bookmarks does not display
    >> them. The bar is empty.

    > Under View -> Toolbars, do you have 'Bookmarks Toolbar' selected?

    As stated, the bar is empty. To see that it is empty, the bar itself
    must be visible, isn't it?
    Please advise if my English was insufficient to make that clear from
    the beginning.

    > If you open the Bookmarks Manager, by going to Bookmarks -> Organize
    > Bookmarks, do you see a folder with the name Bookmarks Toolbar Folder?

    Yes. See above

    > Are there any bookmarks in it?

    Yes. See above

    All very strange...

    --
    Loek

  7. Re: bookmarks toolbar empty

    Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    > Alex K. schreef:
    >> Loekie Ratelkous wrote:

    > Original problem descriprtion
    >
    > that has been going on for weeks now.

    >>> As stated above, I have NOT lost any bookmark: I still can access
    >>> them from the menu or from the side bar.
    >>> But my toolbar with the most often used bookmarks does not display
    >>> them. The bar is empty.

    >> Under View -> Toolbars, do you have 'Bookmarks Toolbar' selected?

    > As stated, the bar is empty. To see that it is empty, the bar itself
    > must be visible, isn't it?
    > Please advise if my English was insufficient to make that clear from the
    > beginning.
    >
    >> If you open the Bookmarks Manager, by going to Bookmarks -> Organize
    >> Bookmarks, do you see a folder with the name Bookmarks Toolbar Folder?

    > Yes. See above
    >
    >> Are there any bookmarks in it?

    > Yes. See above
    >

    > All very strange...

    Hi,

    Could be that you have accidentally set another (empty) folder as your
    "bookmark toolbar folder"

    Open the "Bookmark Manager"
    select the folder "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder"

    On the edit menu do you have an option to "Set as Bookmarks Toolbar
    Folder".

    The option will not be there if its set already. You could try setting
    any other folder as your "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder" to see if that works?

    Ian

  8. Re: bookmarks toolbar empty

    Ian schreef:
    > Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    >> Alex K. schreef:

    >> Original problem descriprtion
    >>
    >> that has been going on for weeks now.

    >>> Under View -> Toolbars, do you have 'Bookmarks Toolbar' selected?

    >> As stated, the bar is empty. To see that it is empty, the bar itself
    >> must be visible, isn't it?
    >> Please advise if my English was insufficient to make that clear from
    >> the beginning.
    >>
    >>> If you open the Bookmarks Manager, by going to Bookmarks -> Organize
    >>> Bookmarks, do you see a folder with the name Bookmarks Toolbar Folder?

    >> Yes. See above
    >>
    >>> Are there any bookmarks in it?

    >> Yes. See above
    >>

    >> All very strange...
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > Could be that you have accidentally set another (empty) folder as your
    > "bookmark toolbar folder"

    No, I have not. But it was something I had not yet thought of indeed...

    > Open the "Bookmark Manager"
    > select the folder "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder"
    >
    > On the edit menu do you have an option to "Set as Bookmarks Toolbar
    > Folder".
    >
    > The option will not be there if its set already. You could try setting
    > any other folder as your "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder" to see if that works?

    The option is indeed greyed out, also for all other folders. I can't
    set it for other folders..

    In the Properties window of the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder it says
    "Add bookmarks to this folder to see them displayed on the Bookmarks
    Toolbar"

    --
    Loek

  9. Re: bookmarks toolbar empty

    On Aug 27, 6:35 am, Loekie Ratelkous wrote:
    > Ian schreef:
    >

    > > Loekie Ratelkous wrote:

    > >> Original problem descriprtion

    > >> that has been going on for weeks now.

    > >> As stated, the bar is empty. To see that it is empty, the bar itself
    > >> must be visible, isn't it?
    > >> Please advise if my English was insufficient to make that clear from
    > >> the beginning.

    > >> Yes. See above

    > >> Yes. See above

    > >> All very strange...

    > > Hi,

    > > Could be that you have accidentally set another (empty) folder as your
    > > "bookmark toolbar folder"

    > No, I have not. But it was something I had not yet thought of indeed...
    >
    > > Open the "Bookmark Manager"
    > > select the folder "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder"

    > > On the edit menu do you have an option to "Set as Bookmarks Toolbar
    > > Folder".

    > > The option will not be there if its set already. You could try setting
    > > any other folder as your "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder" to see if that works?

    > The option is indeed greyed out, also for all other folders. I can't
    > set it for other folders..
    >
    > In the Properties window of the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder it says
    > "Add bookmarks to this folder to see them displayed on the Bookmarks
    > Toolbar"
    >
    > --
    > Loek

    I had a similar problem since installing Firefox, but the following
    solution worked for me. Give this a try and let me know if it works.

    (you've done a few of these steps I know, but for the sake of
    completeness i've spelled them out)

    0. Close down all instances of Firefox
    1. Start Firefox in Safe mode.
    2. Go to View->Toolbars and verify that "Bookmark Toolbar" is checked.
    If it is, you should obviously see an empty toolbar.
    3. Open the "Organize Bookmarks Folder" and verify that the Bookmarks
    Toolbar Folder is not empty, and is set to be the Bookmarks Folder.
    4. Go to View->Toolbars->Customize
    5. Hit "Restore Default Set" or if you don't want to reset the
    defaults, Look for the "Bookmarks" icon, and drag it to your bookmark
    toolbar. Note that you want the Icon that looks like a plain file, not
    the one that actually looks like a bookmark.
    6. You should hopefully see "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" on the Bookmarks
    Toolbar if you did this correctly.
    7. Hit done, and you should have your Bookmarks Toolbar working again.

    Hope this helps.
    -Alan

+ Reply to Thread