SEND LATER oddity - goes to wrong account - Mozilla

This is a discussion on SEND LATER oddity - goes to wrong account - Mozilla ; Hi, I have 2 accounts: Local Folders (don't use it) mail.charter.net (used) Whenever I compose and click "send Later" it send it to the otherwise empty Local Folders account. Could someone tell me where I need to edit to fix ...

  1. SEND LATER oddity - goes to wrong account

    Hi,

    I have 2 accounts:
    Local Folders (don't use it)
    mail.charter.net (used)

    Whenever I compose and click "send Later" it send it to
    the otherwise empty Local Folders account.

    Could someone tell me where I need to edit to fix this.
    And since I know zip about HTML etc pleaes also tell me
    how to change it.

    Thanks very much.
    ************ALSO can I just delete the Local folders account somehow?
    T-bird won't allow it. (Remove account is greyed out when that account
    is highlit)

  2. Re: SEND LATER oddity - goes to wrong account

    mitchg@charter.net wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have 2 accounts: Local Folders (don't use it) mail.charter.net
    > (used)
    >
    > Whenever I compose and click "send Later" it send it to the otherwise
    > empty Local Folders account.
    >
    > Could someone tell me where I need to edit to fix this. And since I
    > know zip about HTML etc pleaes also tell me how to change it.
    >
    > Thanks very much. ************ALSO can I just delete the Local
    > folders account somehow? T-bird won't allow it. (Remove account is
    > greyed out when that account is highlit)

    No , Thunderbird is doing the right thing . Whenever you select 'Send
    Leter' in compose window , it will put that message 'Unsent' folder
    under Local folder . If you have more email account in Thunderbird , you
    will find that it holds same for those accounts also . Whenever you want
    to send unsent messages , goto File menu and select 'Send unsent messages'

    It will send all messages stored in Unsent folder.

    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Local_Folders#Uses_for_Local_Folders"
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Outbox"

  3. Re: SEND LATER oddity - goes to wrong account

    mitchg@charter.net wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have 2 accounts:
    > Local Folders (don't use it)
    > mail.charter.net (used)
    >
    > Whenever I compose and click "send Later" it send it to
    > the otherwise empty Local Folders account.
    >
    > Could someone tell me where I need to edit to fix this.
    > And since I know zip about HTML etc pleaes also tell me
    > how to change it.
    >
    > Thanks very much.
    > ************ALSO can I just delete the Local folders account somehow?
    > T-bird won't allow it. (Remove account is greyed out when that account
    > is highlit)

    TB is doing exactly what its supposed to. When you send
    later, its sending it to the Local Folders, because your
    main account doesn't have a send later folder.

    As far as local folders is concerned, its better to leave
    them because they're used for other things. For example,
    when you send a message to newsgroups, the sent message is
    placed in the local folders send folder, unless you changed
    that.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: SEND LATER oddity - goes to wrong account

    On 8/26/2007 1:09 AM, mitchg@charter.net wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have 2 accounts:
    > Local Folders (don't use it)
    > mail.charter.net (used)
    >
    > Whenever I compose and click "send Later" it send it to
    > the otherwise empty Local Folders account.
    >
    > Could someone tell me where I need to edit to fix this.

    Tools>>Options>>General Config editor
    mail.default_sendlater_uri

    --
    Irwin