Folder pane problems - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Folder pane problems - Mozilla ; Normally in the folder pane my nyu.edu email account is top, next News&Blogs, next local, next the web accounts and the newsgroups folders. Suddenly when I opened TBird, local was on top. I have the Folderpane Tools extension, so I ...

  1. Folder pane problems

    Normally in the folder pane my nyu.edu email account is top, next
    News&Blogs, next local, next the web accounts and the newsgroups
    folders. Suddenly when I opened TBird, local was on top. I have the
    Folderpane Tools extension, so I moved the nyu.edu box to the top, and
    the local to the bottom; also I checked Override startup folder and made
    it point to the nyu.edu inbox, as it used to be, and restarted TBird.
    This corrected the problem. local moved after News&Blogs - I guess
    that's the lowest it can be, that's OK. The new problem is that it says
    that there is 1 unread message in the local inbox, but I can't see it.

    What could have caused the initial problem (bringing local on top), and
    what can I make visible the message in the local inbox?

    Thanks,

    Eustace

    --
    It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
    http://www.geocities.com/itaintme_babe/itaintme.html

  2. Re: Folder pane problems

    Eustace wrote:
    > Normally in the folder pane my nyu.edu email account is top, next
    > News&Blogs, next local, next the web accounts and the newsgroups
    > folders. Suddenly when I opened TBird, local was on top. I have the
    > Folderpane Tools extension, so I moved the nyu.edu box to the top,
    > and the local to the bottom; also I checked Override startup folder
    > and made it point to the nyu.edu inbox, as it used to be, and
    > restarted TBird. This corrected the problem. local moved after
    > News&Blogs - I guess that's the lowest it can be, that's OK. The new
    > problem is that it says that there is 1 unread message in the local
    > inbox, but I can't see it.
    >
    > What could have caused the initial problem (bringing local on top),
    > and

    May be it was caused due to 'panacea.dat' file corruption.
    You can delete it from profile folder when TB is completely closed . A
    new panacea.dat file will be regenerated on next start .

    > what can I make visible the message in the local inbox?

    Set 'View' to All .
    If it fails to show that unread message in Local inbox then :
    right click on that folder > properties > rebuild index .

  3. Re: Folder pane problems

    Nir wrote:
    > Eustace wrote:
    >> Normally in the folder pane my nyu.edu email account is top, next
    >> News&Blogs, next local, next the web accounts and the newsgroups
    >> folders. Suddenly when I opened TBird, local was on top. I have the
    >> Folderpane Tools extension, so I moved the nyu.edu box to the top,
    >> and the local to the bottom; also I checked Override startup folder
    >> and made it point to the nyu.edu inbox, as it used to be, and
    >> restarted TBird. This corrected the problem. local moved after
    >> News&Blogs - I guess that's the lowest it can be, that's OK. The new
    >> problem is that it says that there is 1 unread message in the local
    >> inbox, but I can't see it.
    >>
    >> What could have caused the initial problem (bringing local on top),
    >> and

    > May be it was caused due to 'panacea.dat' file corruption.
    > You can delete it from profile folder when TB is completely closed . A
    > new panacea.dat file will be regenerated on next start .
    >
    >> what can I make visible the message in the local inbox?

    > Set 'View' to All .
    > If it fails to show that unread message in Local inbox then :
    > right click on that folder > properties > rebuild index .

    .. . . and if that doesn't help, then it might be a problem
    with the extension; therefore, ask in their forum:

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Folder pane problems

    On 2007-08-26 05:10 Nir wrote:
    > Eustace wrote:
    >> Normally in the folder pane my nyu.edu email account is top, next
    >> News&Blogs, next local, next the web accounts and the newsgroups
    >> folders. Suddenly when I opened TBird, local was on top. I have the
    >> Folderpane Tools extension, so I moved the nyu.edu box to the top, and
    >> the local to the bottom; also I checked Override startup folder and
    >> made it point to the nyu.edu inbox, as it used to be, and restarted
    >> TBird. This corrected the problem. local moved after News&Blogs - I
    >> guess that's the lowest it can be, that's OK. The new problem is that
    >> it says that there is 1 unread message in the local inbox, but I can't
    >> see it.
    >>
    >> What could have caused the initial problem (bringing local on top), and

    > May be it was caused due to 'panacea.dat' file corruption.
    > You can delete it from profile folder when TB is completely closed . A
    > new panacea.dat file will be regenerated on next start .
    >
    >> what can I make visible the message in the local inbox?

    > Set 'View' to All .

    Thanks. Somehow it was set View > Threads > Watched Threads with Unread.
    I suppose I might have accidentally clicked a button I have set at the
    toolbar that I use with newsgroups.

    Eustace

    --
    It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
    http://www.geocities.com/itaintme_babe/itaintme.html

+ Reply to Thread