Two copies of every e-mail I receive - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Two copies of every e-mail I receive - Mozilla ; I get two identical copies of every e-mail I receive from anyone. The second one will arrive about one second after the first and there appears to be no differences. Any ideas why and how to stop it? -Ken Dunn-...

  1. Two copies of every e-mail I receive

    I get two identical copies of every e-mail I receive from anyone. The
    second one will arrive about one second after the first and there appears to
    be no differences.

    Any ideas why and how to stop it?

    -Ken Dunn-

  2. Re: Two copies of every e-mail I receive

    Devonshire Meadows Homeowners Association wrote:
    > I get two identical copies of every e-mail I receive from anyone. The
    > second one will arrive about one second after the first and there appears to
    > be no differences.
    >
    > Any ideas why and how to stop it?

    try compacting the folders [under file]. If that doesn't
    work, then delete the *.msf file from the mail section of
    the profile. If that doesn't work, then delete the file
    popstate.dat. If that doesn't work, then talk to your email
    provider.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Two copies of every e-mail I receive

    Devonshire Meadows Homeowners Association skrev, on 25-08-2007 22:07:

    > I get two identical copies of every e-mail I receive from anyone. The
    > second one will arrive about one second after the first and there appears to
    > be no differences.

    To find out if they are really duplicates, compare the MessageID headers.

    If they aren't identical, attack your mailadmin for the fault's hers.

    If they are, have her switch to Courier maildrop for mail distribution
    (LDA) from the mailserver (MTA) and use the standard anti-duplicate
    filter to stop this; my mailadmin already does this, I am he.

    --Tonni

    --
    Tonni Earnshaw
    email: tonni dot at dot hetnet dot nl