a diff between Windows and Linux versions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on a diff between Windows and Linux versions - Mozilla ; In the windows version, there is an option to leave messages on the server "until I delete them" The corresponding on in the linux version says "until I delete them or move them from the INBOX" How come? Is there ...

  1. a diff between Windows and Linux versions

    In the windows version, there is an option to leave messages on the
    server "until I delete them"

    The corresponding on in the linux version says "until I delete them or
    move them from the INBOX"

    How come?

    Is there a way to get thelinux version to match the win version?

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance,
    nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire...
    -- Aristotle

  2. Re: a diff between Windows and Linux versions

    Pete Holsberg wrote thus:
    > In the windows version, there is an option to leave messages on the
    > server "until I delete them"

    > The corresponding on in the linux version says "until I delete them or
    > move them from the INBOX"

    > How come?

    > Is there a way to get thelinux version to match the win version?

    Interesting in Tb 2.0.0.7pre under Linux Im using it the same as Win:

    Leave messages on Server

    For at most x days
    Unitl I delete them

    Nothing about moving them from Inbox?

    --
    Steve

    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
    find easier ways to do something.
    - Robert Heinlein

  3. Re: a diff between Windows and Linux versions

    Steve wrote:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote thus:
    >> In the windows version, there is an option to leave messages on the
    >> server "until I delete them"

    >> The corresponding on in the linux version says "until I delete them
    >> or move them from the INBOX"

    >> How come?

    >> Is there a way to get thelinux version to match the win version?

    > Interesting in Tb 2.0.0.7pre under Linux Im using it the same as Win:
    >

    > Leave messages on Server
    >
    > For at most x days Unitl I delete them
    >
    > Nothing about moving them from Inbox?

    Pete , which version of Thunderbird you are using in Linux ? My findings
    are same as Steve , see "http://tinyurl.com/2av8q9"

  4. Re: a diff between Windows and Linux versions

    Steve wrote:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote thus:
    >> In the windows version, there is an option to leave messages on the
    >> server "until I delete them"

    >> The corresponding on in the linux version says "until I delete them or
    >> move them from the INBOX"

    >> How come?

    >> Is there a way to get thelinux version to match the win version?

    > Interesting in Tb 2.0.0.7pre under Linux Im using it the same as Win:
    >
    > Leave messages on Server
    >
    > For at most x days
    > Unitl I delete them
    >
    > Nothing about moving them from Inbox?

    I see the same thing you see, Steve. TB 2.0.0.5 Linux

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups