Thunderbird - IMAP - automatic download - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird - IMAP - automatic download - Mozilla ; Thunderbird - IMAP - automatic download ======================================= My ISP recently had a set of problems after which I realised that I didn't ( seem ) to have local copies of some email messages, particularly my "Sent" items. I am running ...

  1. Thunderbird - IMAP - automatic download

    Thunderbird - IMAP - automatic download
    =======================================

    My ISP recently had a set of problems after which I realised that I didn't (
    seem ) to have local copies of some email messages, particularly my "Sent"
    items.

    I am running Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, under MS Windows XP.

    Until the incident, and even now, I think my ISP's backup system is probably
    better than my local one so I keep my "Sent" and "Inbox" and a few other folders
    under a Thunderbird "Account" with Server Type: IMAP Mail Server.

    I know that a download ( of appropriately configured folders ) can be initiated
    manually by selecting File / Offline / Work Offline ( or "Download/Synchronise
    Now..." ). ( The "Inbox" and "Sent" folders seem to be treated differently. )

    How can I ensure that my "Sent" items, and "Inbox" etc., are automatically
    stored locally and on the IMAP server ?
    --
    Tim Howard
    +44 (0) 29-2022-4399 ( Cardiff )

  2. Re: Thunderbird - IMAP - automatic download

    tjh03sep56@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Thunderbird - IMAP - automatic download
    > =======================================
    >
    > My ISP recently had a set of problems after which I realised that I
    > didn't ( seem ) to have local copies of some email messages,
    > particularly my "Sent" items.
    >
    > I am running Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, under MS Windows XP.
    >
    > Until the incident, and even now, I think my ISP's backup system is
    > probably better than my local one so I keep my "Sent" and "Inbox" and
    > a few other folders under a Thunderbird "Account" with Server Type:
    > IMAP Mail Server.
    >
    > I know that a download ( of appropriately configured folders ) can be
    > initiated manually by selecting File / Offline / Work Offline ( or
    > "Download/Synchronise Now..." ). ( The "Inbox" and "Sent" folders
    > seem to be treated differently. )
    >
    > How can I ensure that my "Sent" items, and "Inbox" etc., are
    > automatically stored locally and on the IMAP server ?

    For Imap Inbox folder : create a filter to copy/move messages to a Local
    folder. It will download body of message during copy/move process .

    For Imap Sent folder : Select a local folder as sent folder at account
    settings > imap account > copies & folders.

+ Reply to Thread