Sending 'Deleted - Not Read' Reply - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sending 'Deleted - Not Read' Reply - Mozilla ; How can I handle messages in the Inbox such that I can send a reply (whether requested or not) that I deleted the message without reading it? I want this to happen even if I (accidentally) click on the message ...

  1. Sending 'Deleted - Not Read' Reply

    How can I handle messages in the Inbox such that I can send a reply
    (whether requested or not) that I deleted the message without reading it?
    I want this to happen even if I (accidentally) click on the message and it
    gets marked "Read."

    I want to return the favor to some university administrators who dispose of
    my email similarly but who send me mass mailings which are discardable
    self-important blather. I don't care whether it gets back to them or
    not...let it clog whatever system is sending what I consider spam.

  2. Re: Sending 'Deleted - Not Read' Reply

    SMH wrote:

    > I want to return the favor to some university administrators who dispose of
    > my email similarly but who send me mass mailings which are discardable
    > self-important blather. I don't care whether it gets back to them or
    > not...let it clog whatever system is sending what I consider spam.

    In retaliation for spam, you want to send more spam.

    Right.

    Don't expect much help to do it ...

    --
    Craig http://www.wazu.jp/
    1,239 Unicode fonts for 82 written language groups:

  3. Re: Sending 'Deleted - Not Read' Reply

    On 8/24/2007 5:16 PM Pacific Time, SMH wrote thusly:
    > How can I handle messages in the Inbox such that I can send a reply
    > (whether requested or not) that I deleted the message without reading it?
    > I want this to happen even if I (accidentally) click on the message and it
    > gets marked "Read."
    >
    > I want to return the favor to some university administrators who dispose of
    > my email similarly but who send me mass mailings which are discardable
    > self-important blather. I don't care whether it gets back to them or
    > not...let it clog whatever system is sending what I consider spam.

    A few possibilities:
    - Depending on your ISP, you may or may not be able to send back
    "deleted unread" messages.
    - If you use a service like Earthlink, you can permanently block
    specific e-mail addresses and they will never get a return message.
    - You could use a product like BounceSpam or Mailwasher or something
    that will create a bounce reply for e-mail back to the sender. That's
    not the way it is supposed to be used however.

    Barbara

  4. Re: Sending 'Deleted - Not Read' Reply

    SMH wrote:
    > How can I handle messages in the Inbox such that I can send a reply
    > (whether requested or not) that I deleted the message without reading it?
    > I want this to happen even if I (accidentally) click on the message and it
    > gets marked "Read."
    >
    > I want to return the favor to some university administrators who dispose of
    > my email similarly but who send me mass mailings which are discardable
    > self-important blather. I don't care whether it gets back to them or
    > not...let it clog whatever system is sending what I consider spam.

    I used to employ this tactic when still using Outlook Express. However,
    the 'Create Filter from Message' of Thunderbird (which I assume you are
    using) does not have the retaliatory facility of sending a message back.
    You can set it to automatically delete the message though.

    1- select the offending message
    2- Message >> Create Filter from Message >> and under 'Perform these
    actions' select 'Delete message'

+ Reply to Thread